Change Mode

Low Score For What I Have

Bubba

I have a

Athlon xp 2000+

2 x 80gb 8mb cache stata on raid 0 (Aut configured)

Ati Radeon 9800 pro AIW

Windows XP

2 x Twinmos pc3200 in dual channel 256mb each (512mb total)

My score seems a bit low for this :(

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...DHLKWCYC3MS1TS3

Does anyone have ideas on how to make this higher and tweak it a bit, seems aful low :(

Gfx card is overclocked at 410/370

Thanks all :)

My score seems a bit low for this

Not really. Look at my score. You could be maybe 20 - 100 points higher if you had your system setup different maybe. My primary drive that scores is getting higher scores because it's fat32. Also I have the paging file set to that 1 gig fat32 drive which speeds up things a decent bit.

Check the link in my signature and you'll see that my hard drive scores are 135 % + compared to other users.

for starters close a bunch of stuff running in backround

2nd try putting the ram in slots 1 & 3 to achieve dual channel status ( unless you are positive it is enabled but it should say dual channel mode enabled during POST )

max resolution

and i'm sure you are aware of NTFS

and unless you OC you will never get that ram to run at ddr400 speed

I think the disabled device is the onboard lan, i have two and im only usuing one, because in device manager nothing has a yellow mark or anything. I have my ram in the diff colour slots, i think its 2 + 3 or something not too sure, but they are defo in diff colour slots, my pc runs ok while ususing it. THe cpu load i have no idea what it is, i have closed everything in the taskbar and closed everything running as my current user, i dont want to close anything else as i dont know what it is, i have also disabled NAV while running the test, im running withh resolution without eye candy, i defragged both hdds on my raid usuing voptxp right before, so im not sure what else to do, did everything i could think off, here is a pic of what is running in task manager, just normal, some of it is closed while running test but what stuff do you think i could close. Im going to get a new cpu soon, but i just want to tweak this one, i might not have set this raid setup properly, i just selected auto while setting it up.

http://bubba.uh-shells.co.uk/Storage/procesess.JPG

Thanks for the help :)

I tested my hdd with a program called hd tach, my raid sata with 8mb cache was scoring lower than my old ata133 2mb cache :s, and it hadnt been defragged in ages yet my raid was only freshly defragged :o, i really dont think i have setup this raid config properly, how can i alter it without formating and loosing all my info?

Well your overloading that little duron you should have formatted in Fat32 for starters, And go into task manager and turn off half of those uneeded services and if your not using the other lan remove it or disable it in the bios. ;)

Archived