Change Mode

Help..!..

Guest jiber69

Guest jiber69

Hello everybody..I have an question

I have an 2.4ghz 512 sddram WinxP model computer.{FYI]The problem is I woudld go to to "My computer" double click it and it would loadthat screen after that.It loads the screen for bout 3 secs and then an error message comes up about "windows exploerer has to shutdown"....and I also tried my Internet exploer icon on ym desktop and it says"Internet Explorer has to shutdown" but my MSN browser works..could someone give me an possible solution to this?

Windows Explorer in XP can act flaky at times. I once had a problem where when I opened a certain directory, it would crash Explorer and the problem seemed to spread. Virus scans and all that showed nothing and my mouse started acting strange. A reinstallation solved the problem and even though I've got a directory with all the same files as the one that kept crashing it, it doesn't cause any probs now. XP can be surprisingly faulty.

Guest irishgodfather

Try going to add remove programs. Click on internet explorer and check where it says fix. It may help.

Bill

Guest jiber69

Thankyou you all for ur help..though Jacee ponted out what I think my problem was.Im still not sure if its correct.I tried Bill's idea to go to add/remove programs but as liek other startup things it gave me the message"Windows Exlpoerer must close dfown due to an error"..but I will pray.Thank u all for ur help.If ya all find out sumthin about this let me know..

Thanx

Jiber69

jiber69@yahoo.com

Guest tpxnow

hey guys - you can do a complete uninstall and reinstall and will likely fix this, but there is another way.

go to the run window (start/run) and type "sfc /scannow" (w/o quotes). this will perform a tcp/ip restack as well as repair modified system files. alternativly you can simply type "sfc" on a win98 machine.

had similar "issues" on my machine (bandwidth obsession led to numourous poorly placed reg edits and other corruption of "important" files - an id10t problem on my end.)