Change Mode

T3-line = 17,000/kbps. But I Need Help!

Guest MyThiKuL

Guest MyThiKuL

sup all...... listen to this......

i'm on a college campus. But before all of the students came back to campus i was receiving upload and download speeds of around 17,000/kbps and 19,000/kbps respectively. I understood that once the students came back, that my up and downloads would decrease, b/c this is a shared network.

BUT!.......

my upload now is not even 100/kbps..... :angry: i've posted on so many websites and spoke to many people on how i can change these results....

i already know that they're are programs out there that can help me increase my upload....... [i JUST NEED TO FIND IT]...... I dont even want 17megs of upload anymore......i would be satisfied if i could just "squeeze" out 700/kbps.....from this T3.

so my question is....... is there a program on this site that can at least help me or give me an idea of how i can handle this problem. Or does anyone have any suggestoins or ideas. I do not want to uncap (well i can't anywayz)

PLEASE RESPOND..............

I really dont think that there is anything which will increase that speed because the problem is not with your computer. You need to talk to the IT dept at your school and have them consider uprgrading their network or atleast look into the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

i failed to understand this.. if you have t3 your not gonna drop below 5 mbs..check the networking see if its wireless... if it is take your pc to main office and hook it then run a test .... the only way is to get a dedicated line..or update networking devices or cables.. because at the very end of that t3 is a transfer box for fiber optics wich translates light into digital signal so its not the provider wich operates at the speed of light ......for example the isp in my erea is connected to a dedicated line such as t3 and i have dsl so do 7500 people in same comunity and im croosing at 650 kbps and so are the others ..that should say alot ..

Edited by duanester

DSL is not a shared line like cable or T's. That is why the speed is consistent. If it isn't it is probably a line problem but not the DSL's. Every T connection I have ever played with has been extremely slow...under 250...guess I'll have to break in afterhours. :P

Edited by x5dr

thats exactly what i mean......thats wy i pay my dsl bill..the problem above is the networking within this building the server in main office is probibly anceint installed 5 to 10 years ago ..and no one had a clue every student on campus would have a pc today ..that was the point when i said take his pc to the office and run a test..i would love to have a wirl with a t3 connection..that would be a dream come true...

Does the school network allow Kazaa and Gnutella? If so it can eat up an entire T3 very quickly. Many school networks are blocking them and/or disconnecting students who run them against the rules.

Guest CaShMoNey
:mrgreen: Hey guys.. I"ve been reading.. there is One Program that I can honestly say will boost your internet experience... it's called Befaster 3.0. Before, On my Cable connection, I was only recieveing about 90KB/sec download speeds on my 512kbps du speeds. Anyways.. A friend told me to install this program, and I had found that I was getting great speeds all the way up to 990KB/sec downloads.. lol yeah... so it'll work.. specially if You're on a T3 my friend :)

Hey CashMoNey, if you were receiving "only" 90KB/s on a capped service rated at =~512kbps, you were getting phenomenal performance!!! 90KB/s * 8b/B = 720Kbps. Also, if you're getting 990KB/s download on a 512kbps line, well, then your ISP must not have any inkling how to cap users' bandwidth. :erm:

As far as the ad banners not taking bandwidth, yeah, that is a silly claim for someone to make. I suppose if they get cached to your HD and then you re-access the site or another page within the domain that uses the same banners, then technically, since they're being loaded from the HD - well, maybe that's why they claim it doesn't cost any bandwidth... :huh: