Change Mode

Here's a list of the processors your motherboard supports.

Celeron 300A    

Celeron 333    

Celeron 366  

Celeron 400  

Celeron 433  

Celeron 466  

Celeron 500    

Celeron 533A  

Celeron 533  

Celeron 566

Celeron 600

Celeron 633    

Celeron 667  

Celeron 700  

Celeron 733    

Celeron 766

Celeron 800    

Celeron 850  

Celeron 1000    

Celeron 1100  

P3-650 MHz  

P3-700 MHz  

P3-750 MHz

P3-800 MHz  

P3-850 MHz  

i think your FSB is 100 MHz, and the 1.4/1.5 GHz celeron might be 133 MHz FSB.

Are the P4 celerons socket 370 or socket 478?

they got some 1.4s and 1.3s on ebay being 100mhzs. i dont no about p4 celerons being 370s but i think the 370 stops at 1500mhz.

do you happen to have a manual for your motherboard? If not, that list is for a Asus MEW-AM motherboard which the pitstop test said you had. You can only use the processors on that list. If you want something faster then you'll have to buy a new motherboard.

don't see specs on the mobo but you have some limitations.

Don't get something like powerleap to upgrade to a higher CPU. They cost more than a motherboard and you would still have a 100mhz system with all the other limitations of that mobo. Depending on your apps there is a big difference between Celeron and PIII's. You might want to look for something like this (but ATX) for cheap and merge the parts.

EDIT: just saw the other post...I doubt if that celeron would work. Pin package FC-PGA2 370 pin

How much money do you have to spend? If you get something newer than the PIII 866 FSB 100, you are going to need new ram too...probably a new Powersupply...

Edited by x5dr

I would go with the PIII. I contacted Intel Support (when they use to offer it) and they emailed me the difference in specs...A Celeron is not the same as a PIII...not matter how high you overclock it....It is a budget chip and was never meant to run all apps the way a PIII could. You might find a bios upgrade which will let you run a higher PIII but it won't be a tualatin.

Edited by x5dr

How much money do you want to spend and is your present System atx?...you might be able to buy a cpu/mobo/ram barebones system that would be cheap and faster.

hmmm....you would probably need a new powersupply too. :(

Edited by x5dr

atx is the standard that manufacturers use so their components all fit together...vs. compaq/dell/hp/etc. who make propritary cases/mobos/powersupplies and you have to replace it with theirs...and their mobo can cost as much as a new computer. Who made yours?

i realy dont no who makes it all i know is hp and and Asus that makes it lol were whould i find the atx at?

hp.... :erm: hewlett packard?...it isn't atx. Have you done an HP search on your system to see what the upgrades are?

Edited by x5dr

The second one isn't the same as the first....look on the back....how many PCI connections do you have? If 3, then you have the first picture from HP.

You should contact HP. This isn't an ATX but proprietary...Perhaps HP has a bios upgrade that will enable you to use something higher but it might not be worth the expense to upgrade.

66 MHz SDRAM or 100 MHz SDRAM depending on system

run AIDA32 to find out more about your system...you can find it on google.

Edited by x5dr