Change Mode

New Project

dragnmastr85

Well Im starting to slowly buy parts for a new comp just for me. So far I have the ASUS p4S800 which is an awesome mobo (http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4s800/overview.htm) and the P4 2.6 ghz (800 fsb) processor. Im thinking of getting the radeon 9800. The rest is obvious cd rom cd rw hdd etc.. what do ya think? I got the mobo and p4 for $288.

lol. what is it with you guys and having to do that just to get a certain amount of posts?

someone TOLD me once i was almost at 1000 and i was like oh... i didn't even notice.

then i made it to over 1100 before i realized i had made 1000 posts.

what's the point in worrying how many posts ya have?

I was hired by BB. 2 days later I had an interview at CC and told them what BB was paying. They bumped me up 2 more bucks an hour. Plus our discount is better (cost). Then CC said I was over qualified and Im in line for management. So BB lost out. Now enough garbage. Anyone wanna give some worthy insight?

Edited by dragnmastr85

i think your parts are a decent price.

you don't have to tell me when not to post garbage though :) i'll delete my posts if you would like.

i was just curious though... how long have you worked in retail and what is their requirements for management? i know at best buy... it takes a heck of alot more around here to get hired in for management unless you have so much experience managing previously.

most of our dep. supervisors have been with the company over 3 years and all of our managers have been at best buy for over 5 years (except the ones with many years experience managing other successful businesses).

Thanks for the input. I thought it was a good deal too.

Anywya, I said I was in line for management. Meaning, if I stay in the company long enough I will be considered. And why should I care if BB hires people that are managing longer. CC does a good job at management and if they want to pay me more Im not gonna complain. And imo CC treats thier customers better. Im not being biased. I remember shopping at both before ever being hired. BB emplyees (at least at the one near me) were hitting eachother while playing games when they shouldve been helping ppl during black friday. CC can get annoying though with ppl trying to help when you dont need it. But besides that I liked it better.

lol. what is it with you guys and having to do that just to get a certain amount of posts?

someone TOLD me once i was almost at 1000 and i was like oh... i didn't even notice.

:)

Hear, hear, we are just here to help, not score points!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::rolleyes::lol:

:) All the listed parts are great, the 9800 is agreat card, I have one and it's easily the best I've had. Good luck with the build.

Newdles, Your not a Mod, if you have a problem with threads you can PM one and let them worry about it. This forum is a Public Forum and I doubt pitstop would want the visitors see this kind of junk in thier threads. :mrsgreen:

Newdles, Your not a Mod, if you have a problem with threads you can PM one and let them worry about it. This forum is a Public Forum and I doubt pitstop would want the visitors see this kind of junk in thier threads. :mrsgreen:

if that should hold true for Newdles...maybe the same should apply to you as well :mrgreen:

more junk and i just added to it didn't i :huh:

xtreme... you have a pm.

next time you have a problem with someone here at the board, why don't you try a pm?

take your own advice and it won't look so bad.

Your not a Mod, if you have a problem with threads you can PM one and let them worry about it. This forum is a Public Forum and I doubt pitstop would want the visitors see this kind of junk in thier threads.  

xtreme...  you have a pm.

next time you have a problem with someone here at the board, why don't you try a pm?

take your own advice and it won't look so bad.

Don't think it looked bad Newdles, you'll find that I took your advice and PMed you back, now we can stop taking up this thread that someone else started. ;)

Sorry for taking over your thread Dragonmaster.

Cheers! :beer:

Edited by Xtreme_Computing

Back to the original post.

Looks like a good deal. Great choice of mobo. I bought the same processor and somebody told me that the 2.6 800fsb was a poor choice but I think is is great for the$. From there, the price goes through the roof, so I would say "good value".

What are you going to do for memory,PSU and case?

Edited by wkavery

Yep good board and CPU are you planing SATA with raid?

Video hum well my FX 5200 128 megs of ram is nice but I am looking for a better one got to get a game first to make up my mind my brother is twisting my arm for earth and beyond anyone playing that?

wkavery

I read reviews that said the opposite best bang for the buck OC's to 3.2 gigs or was that 3 lost the review but it's running great for me..

Yep good board and CPU are you planing SATA with raid?

Video hum well my FX 5200 128 megs of ram is nice but I am looking for a better one got to get a game first to make up my mind my brother is twisting my arm for earth and beyond anyone playing that?

wkavery

I read reviews that said the opposite best bang for the buck OC's to 3.2 gigs or was that 3 lost the review but it's running great for me..

That may be true, it's just the buck that bothers some of us :P