Change Mode

hi pcpitstop, i have been getting some auto shut downs lately by a program called RPC ( Remote Procedure Call) and don't know why it's been happening! I went to ctrl panel, administrator tools, services, and double clicked the 2 rpc programs that i saw. i went to the properties for each rpc and chose to take no action instead of restart the computer. i am afraid this might happen again, anyone have ideas? maybe the problem is because i installed sbc yahoo dsl ( the cd ) and it has spyware but i am afraid if i get rid of it, my internet won't work.

Philly are you using the RPC program currently. If not, I would uninstall it untill needed. I have used the progrma before but didn't leave it installed. I just used it and then uninstalled in add/remove programs. Maybe Raido or Bruce will see this and chime in. I know they've both used the program before. :)

you should change only the rpc that does NOT have 'locator' after it......

if sbc yahoo dsl is how you connect, then yes - you probly won't have internet access...what spyware comes bundled with that?? maybe getting rid of it (meaning the spyware) won't affect your connection. i'm not familiar with much of yahoo anything though know of a few folks here who use that also. hopefully, they'll catch your post and have some better ideas for you.