Sign in to follow this  
wendyjazz

How To Clean My Keyboard

best way is this (in my opinion)

get a big bowl. fill it with hot soapy water. set it aside.

take the keyboard away from the pc. then remove EVERY key and set it in the bowl of hot soapy water. let them soak.

while they are soaking... get a rag and a tooth brush. (not the one you use for your teeth unless you want)

use the rag to clean all the keyboard off and then toothbrush to scrub the underneath. after that.... grab a rag and start wiping each computer key dry. once you have them all out and dried... place them in a towel. start shaking them back and forth and rubbing all of them till you are sure they are dry. even leave them out for an hour or so face up so they can dry completely.

then just put em all back on and you're ready to go.

Compressed air usually works pretty good, if you mean like really inside...well it should be too bad, I wouldn't worry bout that.

wendyjazz,

Before I take all my keys off....... I draw out a diagram of my keyboard so I know where to put them when I need to put them back......

I didn't do that the first time and had everything so screwed up..... took me forever to get it right......

I use compressed air and cue tips for the actual keyboard.....

Recommended Routine Keyboard Maintenance:

Now and then pick the thing up and turn it over. Rotating in a circular rhythmic motion tap each of the four corners on the desktop (slidy thingy) approximately twenty times (or until your mate slaps you upside the head). After finishing that carefully hold the keyboard aloft with one hand and swipe the crap that fell out onto the floor with the other. At the same time blow (like blowing out candles) to make sure you get it all off the desktop (slidy thingy). Then set the keyboard down where it belongs and move on with your day.

:lol:

wendyjazz,

I didn't do that the first time and had everything so screwed up..... took me forever to get it right......

Yes, well what can we say?

Just done mine, a quick pass with a new paint brush to dislodge the debris between the keys, upside down and shake to eject the dust crumbs etc. And a good rub with car plastic/vinyl cleaner! Bobs your uncle, job done.

Now about cleaning mouse scroll wheels?

:P

:P Cute guys. Must have been a slow day. oftentired, since I am ill with COPD (lung rot from cig) and CHF (My heart cannot keep up with me, hehehehe) You asked me to blow hard - I can't or I shall never awake. :rolleyes:

And everyone else - sounds like alot of work. :woot: