Bahgdad Photo Journal

moon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/midd...tml/default.stm

Adhamiya is considered a centre of resistance against the Americans – but we are simple people and we do not get involved in politics.

If we could, we would work for Bremer [the Coalition Provisional Authority] because you get twice the salary that Iraqi employers pay.

But you need to have connections to find work with them now, and we don't know anyone who works for Bremer.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good fine Moon, maybe they get a taste of freedom life will be of more importances. No matter what the doom & gloomers say we are making a difference for the better. Most of what we see is the bad. there is good you must look harder but it is there. :tup:

Guest Deuces Wild

I'm just a tad disappointed that the doom and gloomers have ignored this thread. :)

It does not surprise me Moon. ;)

Factual information always seems to confuse and quiet them.

Thanks for the links!

Very ace links, Volt, your best. :) It would be very satisfying to get some of those guys in here when the fur is flying ! :lol:

EDIT : Go, bloggers !

For those with time to notice, blogs are also a great cheap farm system for talent. You've got tens of thousands of potential columnists writing for free, fueled by passion, operating in a free market where the cream rises quickly.

Best of all, perhaps, the phenomenon is simply entertaining. When do you last recall reading some writer and thinking "damn, he sure looks like he's having fun"? It's what buttoned-down reporters thought of their long-haired brethren back in the 1960s. The 2003 version may not be so immediately identifiable on sight — and that may be the most promising development of all.

I'm just a tad disappointed that the doom and gloomers have ignored this thread. :)

You called? :rolleyes:

The story of one Iraqi makes it all okay then :lol: I am so glad his kids get to eat rice and salt whilst only one gets meat. I am equally pleased to see that you need 'connections' to get a job with half decent pay.

Here's a link to balance yours out a bit....

Despite “major hostilities” having been declared over, Iraqi civilians are still regularly being shot and injured by American and British troops. This incident in Majar-al-Kabir is just one of literally scores of similar incidents all over Iraq, notable only in that this time British troops were involved:

“Most agree that a local man, possibly a former Ba'ath party official, started shooting with a handgun. The British then opened fire. ‘It was about 10.15 and the market was very crowded,’ said Mr Younis. ‘I threw myself on the ground and shouted to everybody to run away or get down. The shooting lasted for about five minutes but there were bullets going everywhere. They were firing on automatic.’ ….At least 17 people were hit. They included a 13-year-old girl caught by a ricochet in the shoulder and a nine-year-old boy. Several other casualties have spinal injuries and multiple fractures. In all, five men died from their wounds…. As the wounded lay in the bazaar the British soldiers drove away.”

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/editorial_aug0703.htm

Very old news ST.

I for one can not understand violence in the name of freedom, from either side.

Irrespective of your position, there is no excuse for it.

:mrsgreen:

Very old news ST.

I for one can not understand violence in the name of freedom, from either side.

Irrespective of your position, there is no excuse for it.

Old (subjective) maybe, pertinent definitely.

If China, Japan or NZ invaded Ozz wouldn't you fight to get rid of them?

NZ, invade,

:five::rofl::rofl::funny:

As for the others, what would they want with 90% desert, and the heat.

China can't even control a little island off their own coast, and the Japs already own most of the place anyway. ;)

If we were an oppressed nation, suffering under the abuse and greed of our leaders (not saying we aren't, taxes, GST etc), then I might fight with those that encouraged freedom of thought and action.

Happy now. :rolleyes:

Like the word assn game ST, you post irrelevancies and illogical questions.

Neither you nor I can appreciate the "life" situation before or after Saddam.

Do you ever champion a cause that you might actually have a personal knowledge of?

Like the word assn game ST, you post irrelevancies and illogical questions.

Neither you nor I can appreciate the "life" situation before or after Saddam.

Do you ever champion a cause that you might actually have a personal knowledge of?

Because your mind is not able to understand the question or you choose to be deliberately pedantic does not make my post illogical. Are you always so sensitive when asked a question which you in turn choose to side step due your feeling out-manouvered?

I champion no causes, but merely state my honest opinion. Since when is it a pre-requisite to have personal knowledge of a subject before postion opinions anyway?

ps. what's that about word association posts?

I have not said and do not believe that there is no progress being made in Iraq. I am certain that there are people happier and better off without Saddam. Surely this isn't a subject for debate.

The issues are: How do you justify invading a soveriegn nation? What is our motivation for being there? What goals do we have there? How will we know when our goals are reached? Will seeking thesegoals (whether or not they can be reached) serve our nation?

As for the contention that majority of Iraqis are against the occupation surely that has been settled. All of the polls show that the Iraqis want us out and that the number that want us out is increasing. This shouldn't be a surprise. Popular sentiment in South Korea, in Okinawa is to have the americans out. The Phillipinos wanted the US out and closed our bases there about 15 years ago to insure that we left. This is significant because these are people and governments that mostly like and trust the US. Surely in a region of the world that doesn't trust us and doesn't like us most people will want us to leave. I would think that is even more true in a country that blames the US for years of hardship and no feels that we are causing them to have the current problems with security. I position that is probably partially true.

I really don't think Moon started the thread to debate how we got to Iraq or how long we might be there.

Seemed more like an informational thread as to some of the things the everyday Iraqi people are doing to help make their country a better place.

I could be wrong on that tho. :mrgreen: v

Archived