Internet Connections

Guest rjnsr

When I attempt to go on the internet through the msn-8 screen, I am sent to a dial up connection to get on. I have to enter my password each and every time I go on the internet. I discussed the problem with msn and they claim my machine is password protected and I need a program downloaded from internet explorer to get rid of this problem. I contacted internet explorer and they sent me an e-mail twice with the information to overide this problem. My windows xp program removed it both times from my computer. Before getting the program the 2nd time I disabled my virus protection program. But the same thing happened. It appears there is a firewall between me and my msn-8 program. Can you help me solve the problem? :help: :

Password for what?

Isnt it normal for the dialer to ask you for your username and password before you connect with dial up?

Do you have Content Advisor enabled in IE? Thats one thing that requires a password to disable if its enabled and that wont let you browse. If that is not it, can you explain more clearly what is asking you for the password?