Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest svrwthr

.jpi_cache?

Guest svrwthr

I keep getting a virus detection in the folder .jpi_cache. The folder is not associated with anything. The folder has a bunch of zipped files in it and one keeps popping up saying it has a virus in it. Does anyone know what this folder is? or if it is associated with anything such as Java? And, can I delete it? The file I get a virus calling out on is "adcontroller.jar-270fc8de-1db41417".

Guest svrwthr

I have ran trojan, no trojans. This file is still coming up with a virus. Says trojan.startpage. I scan with Norton. While I was scanning for trojans, norton popped up to tell me I have a virus at that location. I run Sunjava. But I think I deduced it down to Pogo.com giving me this. I looked through the other stuff in the folder and it has pictures (gifs and jpgs) that I know come from some of the pogo games. I am just going to delete the whole folder. Shouldn't give me any problems with any other programs. If the files stay away after I reboot, I will go back to pogo and see if loads the files back in. If it does, then pogo can be added to spyware/adbot type programs that people should avoid.