Internet Connection

Guest sarchin

Guest sarchin

I have windows xp with a cable modem. here's my problem, I wanted to run pc pitstops virus scan, I had to download a signature file, and I had to download winzip also, I unzipped into the wrong folder, then I ran the scan, not thinking about it. now whenever I'm surfing the net sometimes pages hang up just as they're finishing loading, as long as 30 seconds sometimes, other times there's no delay, I did delete the virus report (which froze when I ran it by the way) but I noticed it is still there. a week later I ran the virus test successfully, or at least it scanned and said I had no viruses, my event viewer shows quite a few errors and cautions - system hangup usually, and finally opening programs on the computer that aren't internet related have no problems opening at all. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Joe

Guest sarchin

I did that, it did work a little better, but still acting up. then I downloaded belarc advisor to get an idea of what is in my system. I also deleted my temp internet files, which helped a little more. I just removed a bunch of adware/spyware, and it seems pretty good right now (fingers crossed)

thanks

Joe

Guest sarchin

ok, here's what I did, I downloaded a spyware program, ran it and deleted almost 200 data miners, ran symantecs antivirus and it caught 2 trojans which were able to be deleted, then I defragged the drive, cleaned out the temp internet files again, and now I'm flying through pages again, still keeping my fingers crossed though, maybe all this will help someone else.

Joe