Change Mode

Problem With Cd And Super Disk

Is that like a zipdrive? If it is an IDE connection, make the CDRW the Master and superdisk the Slave (jumpers in back of unit). connect the CDRW to the end of the ribbon and the Superdisk to the middle. Make sure the red stripe on the ribbon is in PIN #1 on the drives and mobo.

If it isn't an IDE connection then post back.

replaces a floppy drive..A:?...is it using the same connection a floppy drive would on the motherboard?

IDE connections are the slots the grey ribbon cable connects to...vs. a USB/parallel/serial connection.

Edited by x5dr

Ok...not sure about your connections..is this correct?

you have the superdrive connected where the floppy is normally connected with the small (approx. 1 inch) grey ribbon and it is connected in a smaller ide slot on the mobo. The drive is set to MASTER on the back of the unit.

You have the CDRW connected by itself to the larger (secondary IDE) slot on the motherboard and it is set to Master on the back of the unit.

You have your Hard drive connect by itself to the larger (PRIMARY IDE) slot on the motherboard and it is set to Master on the back of the unit.

MATSHITA LS-120 VER5

what are those?

I don't understand your drive configuration.

Normally, a Hard drive should be on IDE 0 (primary) and removable drives on IDE1 (secondary) Your C: drive would be on IDE 0.

If you have a controller card then that gives you more IDE connections and would explain some of these connections

Are you using 2 monitors?

Edited by x5dr

How many do you have?

if you described it correctly...

1. Plug your superdrive into the smaller connection where the floppy went. (I am going by your description). If there is a jumper on the back set it to Master.

2. Plug your HD to IDE 0 (PRIMARY) on the motherboard. Set the jumper to MASTER on the back.

3. Plug your CDRW to IDE 1 (SECONDARY) on the motherboard. Set the jumper to MASTER on the back.

Make sure the red line on the ribbon cables are in Pin#1...don't forget to connect to powersupply.

Ok...didn't think so.

HD in IDE0 (primary IDE)

CDRW as Master at the end of ribbon...superdrive as Slave in the middle of ribbon...connect to IDE1 (Secondary IDE)..Make sure you have the jumpers set correctly and the red stripe is in the right place.

Edited by x5dr
Guest neversure

I had problems like this with my LS-120 Superdrive when I first installed it. After many headaches I found that the LS-120 likes to be set as the Secondary Master to work correctly. After making this change and having the superdrive on the end of the cable I have had no other problems. :rolleyes:

yep...if you have it set to master on secondary connect it to the end cable....but...Many CDRWs don't work well as a slave...and you shouldn't connect removable drives to the hard drive.

System Board Asus CUW-AM/MEW-AM 1.13 ... :erm: does that support the accelerator?

Edited by x5dr