Change Mode

I Was Born In Small Town

lindalou

:huh: Is there more places just like this one? Hmm, lindalou if you relate to this one, then I am wondering if your my neighbour from down the road past the vacant lot turn left at the stop sign past preachers house, and in the new one on the rich side of town next to goobers house. :mrgreen:

You must live farther back in the woods than I do :woot:

We don't have hardly any of those nowdays :erm:

Like I said, I live in a fairly big city, The city of Erie has over 100,000 residents, the 3rd largest city in the 5th most populous state...

Canadian Bit, actually I am 3 miles from the flashing red light at the Citgo gas station. First house on the right hand side past the red pole barn. lol

EDIT: Loud was on my desktop AGAIN!! this is a reply from lindalou :)

Edited by loudwarlock

13) The golf course had only 9 holes.

Shoot. In my neck of the plains (no woods here), if you had a 9 hole course, that's big city. The greens (up to a few years ago) were sand (less upkeep)! Did you ever play on one of those? :P

Now days, when I go hunting, it saddens me that that 3 out of every 4 farmsteads are abandoned.... :(

To quote John Cougar Mellencamp: "I was born in a small town" etc. also got to quote flyfishingrules2.

We did have 9 hole course that were sand greens and it was awsome, just try to make some long putts on one of those. I also have those feelings about the old farmsteads that I see around our community. I reckon most of the "farmboys" had the same thoughts as me ("I want something better than this farm life")although I was a farmer until 1980.

Small towns are great, you know most everybody and if you don't it's not hard to get to know them and most times there is a stick-togetherness. My younger and teen life was pretty much like the original post. And yes "those were the days"!! :woot::mrgreen::mrgreen::woot: :beer: :oreo:

I live near a town called Walkerville and it's only a store/gas station/post office in one building.The sign reads as you approach.....Welcome to Walkerville,POP.2 and 1500 damn good neighbors

My husband lived in a town called Pocahontas, pop. about 700. My sister in a town called Sorento, pop. less then Pokey^. She now has moved to a bigger town. Livingston Ill. Pop. about 950 ppl. :mrgreen:

I grew up in Greenville. Never was so glad to move tho.

Edited by lindalou

I lived in this little wee town one, for a very short time called Webbwood. I think the population was 400 back then. Actually the one I live in now isn't much larger, just further north.

Thanks Sir T Fireball. Actually I was a Nazareth fan. :shifty: I still dig out their CD's once in a while and give them a listen.