Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMPUTER CRASHER

Zone Alarm4/pest Patrol

I just purchased the full version of these progs. They found things that the adaware and spybot did not. Should I remove the bot and ad6 or keep using them with zone4pro and pest patrol. The zone is a little irritating until you set the progs that can access the internet.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I purchased these b/c of the info on the pit.

You have 2 active scanners in ZA and pest patrol running,, plus I would assume you have a typical virus scanner running,,to me having those 2 "inactive" scanners sitting on the drive ain't going to hurt a damn thing.

Keep them and make sure they are updated before using. :) v

I'm also running Norton with these. I paid for 1 yr of updates on norton/zone/pest.

Hopefully I won't get highjacked again. I just blocked yahoo(see post in gen disc) and with the vrus progs running, hopefully my system should run better.

Everytime I visit or download, my system is not compatable with registry downgrades and it crashes. When these progs decide to upgrade(downgrade) the older drivers needed for some of these are not campatible with hyper/th and create serious errors of various types.

Norton is fine,,I stand by what I posted,,keep the 2 inactive scanners,,and update and use them every now and again,,no big deal,,they are not really big programs.

Thanks. My sys so far has been running much better now except for the zone requesting permission to let a prog access the net, but I guess this is a good thing b/c any spyware will also need permission and can be stopped.