Change Mode

Hard Drive Prob's

Guest khatuuk

Guest khatuuk

ok computer wouldnt start up so i had a freind of mine help me with it :nuke: or atleast i thought so he partitioned the hard drive now i cant get any response from my hard drive. how do i get the partition out of my pc or just wipe the hard drive and start all over ? running 1800+ amd gigibytes mother board Nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 graphics card reson this all started was i think was a bad sound card instal job by me :( worked for 3 days then just wouldnt boot up at all even in safe mode or trying any of the other options it gave me>Hope that is enough info to help

Guest khatuuk

its Xp pro and believe it is the full version i installed it on this comp i am on now? And now the computer starts up as before i had the partition problem, tries to boot up but cant with start up disk goes to a screen with 5 options on it safe to last known good settings to normal if that helps describe my currant situation any better? all options end me up with the same thing computer just rebooting any ideas? but he atleast its actually trying now :)

Edited by khatuuk

Grab the manufactures name of the hardrive and go to there site and download there dignostic software to test the drive of any errors. If everything passes ok then its just a setup issue. If anything doesnt pass check all ribben cables and such, make sure the drive is jumpered correctly and retest. Even change the ribben cable if needed to be 100 % positive the drive is defective if any major errors are given. If that becomes the case and the drive is under a year old you should be able to fill out a RMA from there site to get it replaced.

I would check tha out 1st. Could be the drive going south. If all checks out ok, boot from the Pro CD and choose to delete the current partition and then remake a new one and then choose to format it using NTFS, especially if the drive or partition to be used is larger than 32 GIG. All the options to do that will be presented o you in simple terms during the install process just read carefully what keys need to do what.

Edited by RANDY RHOADS 1981