Gladiator Antivirus (free)

radio

When they peel my AVG out of my cold dead fingers I will give it a shot. :mrgreen:

I have had it downloaded for 3 weeks or so,,just changed my mind on removing a known good product for one I know nothing about. :) v

#Compatibility with other AV-programs

GAV is compatible with nearly every AV / AT software and works without problems together with such programs. So you must not deactivate nor uninstall your antivirus-, antitrojan- or antiworm program.

well... I'll keep you updated on when it becomes an Alpha and if I experience any problems with it...

I never get any warnings with my Norton AV, so I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to try out Gladiators capabilities fully ;):mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

I was going through my 1000+ application files (don't ask), and one caught my eye named dialler - I wondered about it and searched it. I ran Ad-Aware & Spybot and NOPE, NOT cited as spyware ... Then I downloaded Gladiator.

Guess What ? YES, GLADIATOR FOUND IT & gave a Virus Alert / Spyware ...

I would recommend this program to everyone - beta or not !!!

*when I looked at it's properties, I am surprised that it was "signed" - is that usual for a dialer ? ( Coulomb Limited )

I never do beta anything,,and I am really picky on antivirus software,,had a bad run in with McAfee and will never forget that lesson.

It sux, when i downloaded it all that came up (after setup) was the logo... then it disappeared.... there was like no control center or some menu i could run tests off of.... i had it for 6 minutes then uninstalled it... i spent 20 minutes downloading it lol im happy with AVG anyways :mrgreen:

I had no problem loading it. Usually run the Complete system scan & Brutal option. What you should have seen was what is called the command center - you run everything from there. Like I said before, I still use Norton full time, I treat this as a scan like the Adaware & Spybot. Just pull it up and check things out, then close it. I do the same with WinPatrol. Nothing will replace my Norton !!! *S*

• 4 months later...

Archived