Hey Linux Users

Farmgirl

Ah good, glad you guys are here! It took us so long to get are own linux forum, I want to make sure it keeps busy. :D

TW2- you be sure and join in all you want, I always enjoy having you around. Besides I don't think I could ever get tired of talking linux! :tux::rocks:

farmgirl

i`m right here

not planning on going anywhere

or at least after the last go around

i hope not :woot::woot:

one small thing that i need ???

i`m running to hhd`s and want to put lunix on the one

do i have to make to bootable before i get linux??

and i found redhat but it`s 8.0

and from what was said i want 7.3??

need a link to help me get it

if you can post it i sure would be thankful

i also found suzy so let me know i`ll be here some place

tw2

Would I seem TOO ignorant if I asked, what in blazes is Linux? And if so, its because I am. ;) Is Linux an alternative to Windows and can both Linux and Windows be on same computer? If so, where do I get in line to get Linux? Thanks and PEACE B)

:nospys:

NascarFan19

sorry about the slow answer

i thought one of the other would of posted by now

:woot::woot:

any way linux is an os you can run in place of windows

it`s a great learning tool too

there`s a lot of different formats to use

and yes you can run a duel boot system

and use both windows and linux

as long as your hhd is big enough

;)

NascarFan19, if you PM me with a private address I can send ya' some cd's of SuSE 8.1 and maybe Megaspaz could help with Red Hat. I have been running Linux for a couple months now and it's great! Now I've just got to get brave enough to shut the "Windows". :woot::woot::nospys::mrgreen::mrgreen:

It's an open-source operating system, linux is "build by the people" you could say. The code is open to anyone to use, change, or whatever they choose to do with it, as long as the source code continues to be open to anyone. Not to mention it's hundreds times more stable than windows, comes with tons more software, and best of all isn't adding more money to Bill G's pockets.

These will help explain it better.-

http://www.linux.org/info/

http://www.linux.org/info/advocacy.html

http://www.seul.org/docs/whylinux.html

:tux: Tux rocks! :D

NascarFan19, if you PM me with a private address I can send ya' some cd's of SuSE 8.1 and maybe Megaspaz could help with Red Hat. I have been running Linux for a couple months now and it's great! Now I've just got to get brave enough to shut the "Windows". :woot::woot::nospys::mrgreen::mrgreen:

would be more than happy to. :)

anyone who's interested in red hat 7.3, just pm me with a snail mail addy and i'll burn you all the cds in the box set and mail 'em to ya'. :):tux:

Hi ya all. Almost lost me there :yikes: . Just got a couple of new hardware and wanted to make sure everything was working properly, so I haven't been frequenting these forums. It looks like I rejoined just in time, before Dave waved his magic wane and makes the old ones disappear. The new forums look great.

Now. To configure those hardware in Linux...