Sign in to follow this  
ChrisR

So Close To A 2nd Columbine

.  I can handle your questions- I answered them.  Then you continued to be .  So just shut up now.

That's pretty classless...you were being asked questions in a civil manner and had no reason to react like this.

Personally, I think you are full of it and got called on it.

Edited by volt

If you guys don't believe me that's fine- i know exactly what happened yesterday. I answered his questions ALREADY. then he continued to ask, even though i already answered. I didn't want this thread to turn into this- I was merely seeking advice/opinions on my situation. So i dunno...go on not believing me, i don't care.

"If you guys don't believe me that's fine" "I answered his questions ALREADY" "go on not believing me, i don't care."

I know if is fine, and no, you didn't answer my questions, and obviously you do care chris, thanks channel 6 for backing me up.

Why would Chris lie about something like this? Hes not saying something like his school is the best or has the highest ranking students. And the things he said are not impossible. As for the part about this being in the news and stuff many things happen which dont come in the news. I knw a school in which there was this big fight and the police came but it wasnt reported in the media. I dont know what the problem here is. If someone has a prob with Chris's credibility then no ones asking you to believe him. The kind of questions you are asking him are just promoting arguments and not friendly ones. This I can safely say will not be allowed in the Pit

Edited by DarkWave

thank you for replying in a civil way darkwave. And at first i wasn't saying that he was lying about anything, but as he started posting more, it became more evident that this story couldn't be completely true. As for why he would lie about this, i have no idea, ask chris on this one, but don't expect to get a good answer. I've seen my fair share of fights and rarely do any of them get any sort of recognition in the media. But something, with the magnitude of what he has described here, seems like it would get a little more attention.

Edited by The1PatO

Pat- I doubt you'll ever hear of this on any national news networks. This will only upset the parents even further, this could lead to lawsuits and things like that. I'm sure things like this happen elsewhere- but are never publicized.

Was that not civil enough for you? did that not answer your question? that was the first thing i said, so start reading more carefully.

thank you for replying in a civil way darkwave. And at first i wasn't saying that he was lying about anything, but as he started posting more, it became more evident that this story couldn't be completely true. As for why he would lie about this, i have no idea, ask chris on this one, but don't expect to get a good answer. I've seen my fair share of fights and rarely do any of them get any sort of recognition in the media. But something, with the magnitude of what he has described here, seems like it would get a little more attention.

ok so we should go with you, the1pat0, who is

1. New

2. The only one accusing chris of lying (u can call it what u want, but those are accusations of lying)

or go with Chris who

1. Has been around for a while and has never had a bad streak

2. Whos credibility is high here, because he doesnt go around making accusations or acting like a jerk

i dont know, but for some reason i'm leaning towards chris

yes that was a very civil reply, thanks chris. what i was speaking of were your other posts, which were almost as civil as your description of the goings on at your school.

I know from experience with trying to get the media to jump on stories that they don't really give a :censored: if there was no actual violence. Because this is a case in which the situation was averted, they really don't care - happy endings don't make good news stories. :blank: It's sad that it's this way, but, as Tupac would say, that's just the way it is.

who cares if I’m new, for all you know i could be the most credible guy in town, or visa versa, he could be too, we really don't know now do we, again all i was doing was trying to get some more sources other than him, and to point out that we never really know how credible a person is lets just take a look at former president Bill Clinton... enough said i believe. As for no media coverage from neo (who by the way seams to be a nice guy he has helped me with some computer problems before) i didn't mean TV coverage, i meant anywhere, not one thing on any newswires about this not one thing. but i know what you are saying neo, some of these things don't get the coverage they deserve from the national media on the biggest and most influential media of all Television, which could either start or stop these situations at schools.

you know what, don't even start with this bill clinton crap. he was a fine president-don't start turning this into a political debate.

and who are you to have access to these "newswires" ? do you spend your entire day listening to rumors and stories across the country?

lets just drop this now, i told you there's no "official" confirmation of this happening, so stop it and just realize you're not always right

Edited by ChrisR

:P @ Darkwave

Pat, Bill Clinton is a large part of the reason that the media is as screwed up as it is... grrr :soapbox:

But getting back on track... someone mentioned overcrowding in schools. The main reason schools are overcrowded is that there just aren't enough of them. Limiting the amount of students per school means that a lot of students would have no place to go.

yep overcrowding is kinda hard to control. Take here in Lincoln (btw its nebraska, awesomesurfer :) ) , we built a new high school this year, and the one im going to now was brand new last year. Its still overcrowded here. We got 6 high schools that are public and our population is like 225k or so. I dont understand how we can build those schools when they are always complaining here about how our budget is horrible and we dont have enough money. Funny thing is, they load these schools with more than enough stuff, just wasting more money that could be used to actually hire teachers to help keep the school up. Our school built a weight room that seems like its as good as UNL and UNL of course has the one of the best conditioning programs in the country. And they wonder, why our schools overcrowd :blink::blink:

(btw what is the kicker, is that our school used that money for weight room mainly for football and last year we went 0-9 and lost every game by at least 21 points lol)

dont forget teachers

you cant buy a toy and expect it to work without its batteries :mrgreen:

we all have access to the newswires, this is how it works

We want to find some information

The Newswires have the information

We have computers

The Newswires have servers

The servers have websites

Those websites have information

Our computers have access to the internet

oh yeah, and you don't even have to go to their websites, some search engines have a news portion, where they have alot of info and stories from newswires, you can get stories sometimes as soon as 2 minutes after they were made, isn't the internet a wonderful thing? and i never said bill clinton was a bad president, i was just saying that he was human and just as credible as anyone else.

lol, our football team here is just as good as yours greenbay. i think we won our first game in 2 whole years last week :woot: , the school systems are definatley wasting money

jeez, i just realized that we have 68 posts in this one thread and 5 pages :woot: , but still not nearly as much as those "what are you listening to" threads that show up around here, who starts those?? :huh:

Edited by The1PatO

I'd like to make an apology. I shouldn't have posted those rude posts that I did. I was ticked off and am still upset over the events that occured at my school. so, nothing personal, didn't mean to offend anybody.

:P @ Darkwave

Pat, Bill Clinton is a large part of the reason that the media is as screwed up as it is... grrr :soapbox:

But getting back on track... someone mentioned overcrowding in schools. The main reason schools are overcrowded is that there just aren't enough of them. Limiting the amount of students per school means that a lot of students would have no place to go.

We have schools closing all over the place :blink: The problem is "funding".

You'd be amazed at how our tax dollars are spent. It's very sad that some of the allocations get spent on a superintendent's salary up to (and over) $180,000 a year.

Oh, I know all about funding and the other nonsense they complain about when you try to get politicians to do their jobs. Reallocation of funds to be used as pocket linings is an easily solved problem if people paid more attention to exactly what their tax dollars were spent on.

who cares if I’m new, for all you know i could be the most credible guy in town, or visa versa, he could be too, we really don't know now do we, again all i was doing was trying to get some more sources other than him, and to point out that we never really know how credible a person is lets just take a look at former president Bill Clinton... enough said i believe. As for no media coverage from neo (who by the way seams to be a nice guy he has helped me with some computer problems before) i didn't mean TV coverage, i meant anywhere, not one thing on any newswires about this not one thing. but i know what you are saying neo, some of these things don't get the coverage they deserve from the national media on the biggest and most influential media of all Television, which could either start or stop these situations at schools.

Look mate, I've never seen you around here, and I'm here almost every day. Judging by your post count, plus the former facts given by myself, I can see you are very new here. In your o so eloquent first post, you implied that Chris was lying. You didn't say it, but you implied it. After he gave you his answer, you still implied that he was lying, again not saying it outright.

A better way of asking this is, "Was there anything on the news about it?" When he says no, you drop it. There are suicides that happen in my town, and around it that don't even make it in the local paper, much less the internet. Like someone said, the media isn't going to give a flying rats :filtered: unless there is actually some death or severe injuries.

So, I suggest that before you go implying these things and making a real bad first impression, you should get to know us first.

Thus saying, I will be [one of] the first to say :welcome:

I have no quarrel with you, just a stating of the facts...so lets have a :beer: and a :oreo::)