Sign in to follow this  
ChrisR

So Close To A 2nd Columbine

I don't know about the rest of you but I find that the more I am exposed to prejudice the more I become prejudice. I try to resist but find myself acting in a hypocriticaly way. I am offended when I hear racial slurs but 3 hours later find myself saying the same thing in a slightly less offensive way. It's impossible not to be effected by your surroundings. I just have to be more aware of the effects and work to keep myself from being negatively influenced.

I would say that I am more prejudice now than I was at 25.

bobbymokie, I blame parents for not raising their children properly.

Someone give this kid a prize ;) .

Neo...you're a very intelligent young man and you talk [type] more sense than some adults I know. I have a lotta respect for you mate :beer: .

Oh...I too grew up with both parents and they are still married and going strong.

Edited by intratech2000

bobbymokie, I blame parents for not raising their children properly.

I'm with you there, to a point.

When I lived in Houston, we had a population of about 3500 if you included the cats and dogs..... Even though I hated the "small town life" I would rather raise my kids in a small town that big city....

It's pretty bad when you can't even feel safe in school... How are kids supose to learn?

Just try and not put yourself in any situations that you don't have to..... You are aware of the "dangers".... try and stay away from anything that makes you vulnerable.... Stay in small groups with your friends if possible, so that you are not alone....

Always be aware of your suroundings.... and if something just doesn't seem or feel right....go with your gut feeling...get the *beep* out of there.. Trust your instincts.

I had a patient come in and say the problem with kids today is the music. Stonesour, Mudvayne. That "junk". You know when I was that age, I listend to Led Zep, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Ozzie, etc..(still do) ppl. said they worshiped satan, black magic, my dad couldn't stand it. I think Jay and I grew up ok. So, I can't blame it on the music, sorry.

Neo, you are one level headed young man who is going to go very far.

I have a gay brother, so I didn't let anybody put anybody down. You don't use slurs around me. They "new" saying is "that is so gay" nope not around me. You don't cut ANYONE down. Not a very popular decision, but I couldn't live with myself if I stood there while somebody told a gay/racist joke and just smiled. My sons have learned that too, I am proud to say.

hello i am from Australia and we had a problem of overcrowding in the highschools, the kids weren't learning so on so on, so the public (kids and parents) put forward a pitition for limitation of students in a classrooms it went really well and it even went to our Priminister and local Govener, it took a while for something to come out of it (about 6 months to a year) but it was all worth while cause now it has become a LAW over here to have a certain amount of students to a class room, and that did cut down the amount of students in the school. Mabey that is what you have to go forward and do, and if you need thousands of names for the pitition your fellow mates in downunder will gladly sign up !!!!!!!!!!

It all starts at home...

If it's that bad, you might check into homeschooling.

Down here, everyone is racist to a certain extent. I really don't think anyone (anywhere) can help it. My extent of racism goes to those that feel they need to be "different." For example, the people who go around wearing 10 pounds of fake gold in the shape of a 4 inch diameter sun with their pants almost to their knees, a sun-visor on backwards and upside down, and a few piercings which aren't very comely I am racist towards. I'm not necessarily nationality racist, but rather human racist, because it doesn't matter what color you are when you dress like this, I don't like you.

However, don't take this to mean that I treat these people like dirt. I treat them as a human, just with clenched teeth :mrgreen:

I happen to think that if all this "freedom of expression" wasn't going on, there'd be a lot less of this racism happening, because everyone would act and look basically the same...

I partially agree that music is at fault. While we were raised on Ozzie( :rocks: ) and other such great musicians who spouted such "evil" things, we were also raised with parents who actually took part in our growth. We looked at it as music, nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately, these children do not have parents who take an active role in their lives, so they fill the role-model hole with the kind of people they think are successful- the people they listen to almost all day, every day.

Guest Deuces Wild

However, don't take this to mean that I treat these people like dirt. I treat them as a human, just with clenched teeth

Them? :blink: Who is them?

3700kids or 3000 kids is way too much for a school.It should be down around 1000.What are the class sizes Chris R.?Or do they have enough class rooms and teachers for that amount?

Edited by awesomesurfer303

Chris R., i am against violence in schools and all but i am very skeptical of your story, i looked at all the news wires and searched for Hemet high school, the last story on your high school was on September 1st and it was about football, and if it is the "2nd Columbine about to happen" then why hasn't anything been said about by anyone besides you, the biggest story on CNN and Fox News is that Johnny cash died and other things. Seeing that the news days have been slow in the past few days, it seems like they would pick up on this story really fast. And, i was wondering how you could have around 3000 kids at your school, even though it is not really close or in a metro area, it is some 80 miles away from Los Angeles i noticed. I was wondering if you could get me any more sources or evidence of this incident besides your own word,

Thanks, Pat

Edited by The1PatO

3700kids or 3000 kids is way too much for a school.It should be down around 1000.What are the class sizes Chris R.?Or do they have enough class rooms and teachers for that amount?

The class sizes are okay- rarely more than 30 per class. our school's pretty big.

Pat- I doubt you'll ever hear of this on any national news networks. This will only upset the parents even further, this could lead to lawsuits and things like that. I'm sure things like this happen elsewhere- but are never publicized.

I live in a town of 75,000-with two high schools. why wouldn't there be 3000 people in a high school?

it would atleast get some recognition on the news wires, and there isn't anything remotely indicating that this would ever happen, and wouldn't the parents already know if something like this was going on, i live in a city of nearly 500,000 and something like this at even the smallest school would get publicity, and everyone in town would know it.

you have to realize that all towns are not the same, have u heard about the gun shootout near the school here in Lincoln, Lincoln High?

Not everything gets national attention, and his school hasnt even technically hit rock bottom (where the guns come out and and start firing)

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize i was living in your town.

Really, you're doing nothing but accusing me of lying-which I can assure you i'm not. You obviously don't know what you're talking about-so if you don't have anything worth adding, just stay out.

I never said that you lived in my town or that you were lying. Please don't jump to conclusions. All i wanted was some answers to my questions. Oh, and By the way, last time I checked most of the members of this forum are living in America and/or Canada, both are free countries believing in free speech. I was just exercising my right and speaking my mind.

Edited by The1PatO

want me to name the thousands of members here that aren't from this continent?

seriously, you know what you were doing, i told you this wasn't on any news networks, and you continued to question my credibility. so just stop it.

seriously, you know what you were doing

thanks, i do think i know what i am doing. And i do continue to question your credibility, and i can do that if i want to. Just show me some credible sources and i will cut you some slack.

Excuse me other pitsters, this isn't my usual self talking(typing):

Why the HELL do i need your ***** ******cutting ME slack?! You can question my credibility all you want, i don't give a damn, i know what happened. so shut up and stop posting useless comments.

Edited by volt

thanks, i do think i know what i am doing. And i do continue to question your credibility, and i can do that if i want to. Just show me some credible sources and i will cut you some slack.

i think you should just shut up now pat,you weren't there. Edited by awesomesurfer303

hey, no need to get angry man. i was just asking a few questions, if you can't handle them that is fine, you have the right not to respond.

** *** ** ****. I can handle your questions- I answered them. Then you continued to be *****. So just shut up now.

Edited by volt

I don't have to "just shut up", i was noticing that you were being very defensive, it just seems really fishy to me.