Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

Let's Get Going! Anti Spyware Brigade

Guest Realisty

I got the same reply from canada north so i guess they really are doing something about it

I sent a note to Pest Patrol so they are aware of what's going on. We also turned our PR person loose yesterday, so let's see what she digs up.

Guest Donna

The email ady that was up for Icesoft is now sending out the Microsoft Patch virus email. :(:( Got it twice today.

I sent the form letter to everyone on the list but it's saturday and will let ya know of resopnses next week...just auto responses for now :mrgreen:

Edit: I just got a response from a MR. Corbin accusing of the pit being spyware too. I wrote him back asking for him to explain his findings and reason. I also gave him a link to the spyware info site too.

Edited by Joe C

I just had several e-mails with MR. Corbin, apparently he's finding tribal fusion and quick serv cookies from his mcaffee scans, I explained that these are just cookies and nothing like the Gain spyware that were going against. I also told him how to go about blocking these cookies and that the pit needs to pay the bills like alot of other web sites that use advertizing, If there's anything I'm missing here please let me know so I can tell him

I got something to tell him:

Stop being an a55..you know the difference and you're just trying to pi55 us around. Install that Gator crap on all the machine at your office and home and then tell us what you think.

That is what i'd say to him.

I received several responses, same responses everyone else has been getting. Also have a site to add that supports Gator. Haven't looked at the list so I don't know if it's already on there or not. I just went to this site though and got hit with a Gator install request (which I respectfully declined... :P )

http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/ -kd5-

I got something to tell him:

Stop being an a55..you know the difference and you're just trying to pi55 us around. Install that Gator crap on all the machine at your office and home and then tell us what you think.

That is what i'd say to him.

This is what he wrote me,

Joe,

I am no longer associated with Overture. But you may want to run a security check of your PC. You will find that PCpitstop puts a web bug/spyware on your system when you visit them. How ironic!

If you look up tribal fusion and quick serv at pest patrol, it does list it as spyware cookies

Edited by Joe C

Ad-aware identifies Tribalfusion as a data miner..... :blink: -kd5-

Yea, it's kinda hard to explian to a newcomer that we hate spyware and they find spy cookies from being here

Edit: I know the pit has bill's to pay and all but can't there be a better way

Edited by Joe C

Just sent emails to all of em' I expect to get some replies soon :)

C'mon peeps send those emails!!!! The gator is not gonna die unless WE kill it!!! :gator:

Edit: I know the pit has bill's to pay and all but can't there be a better way

Bump.

We just knocked off two more from the list. Corbin Brothers and Quality Work Clothes. The smaller companies are responding. We are going to have to have a lot more emailers to get the bigger companies to respond. And hence hit the Gator in the wallet.

Bump.

Cookies

PC Pitstop cookies: To be able to remember your computer's test results as you use our site, we use cookies. PC Pitstop does not use cookies to track PCs in locations outside our site. No personal information is collected through the use of PC Pitstop's cookies. You must accept some cookies for the site to work, but others are optional. Details on all the cookies used at PC Pitstop are available here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/faq/cookies.asp.

Third-party cookies: PC Pitstop uses banner advertising throughout its site that is sold by third-party agencies such as Tribal Fusion, and they may place and collect cookie information. The PC Pitstop site does not control the issuing or use of third-party cookies; they are not required, and you may reject or delete them if you choose. The privacy policies for these ad companies differ from PC Pitstop's; you may review their policies and/or contact the agencies via their Web sites: Tribal Fusion, Commission Junction, DoubleClick.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/privacy.asp

The pitstops privacy policy clearly states what cookies are used by this site and by others.

And it gives you the option of blocking the advertising cookies and keeping the pitstop cookies for login's ect.

I block them all but the pits own cookies. ;) v

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/n...work/cookie.htm

i just mailed mine off, it took 4 seperate emails to do it, but i got em all. and within the last 5 minutes ive gotten 8 auto responces.. :blink:

wow i got 2 responces from real people...

1)

From: [email protected] | This is spam | Add to Address Book

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:28:01 EDT

Subject: Re: Awareness Letter

To: [email protected]

:filtered: off stop sending me your :filtered:

that was a real nice one... :blink:

edit: i sent one back that stated; stop advertising with gator and i will

and this is the responce i was given to that..

From: [email protected] | This is spam | Add to Address Book

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:39:48 EDT

Subject: Re: Awareness Letter

To: [email protected]

:filtered: YOU A$$HOLE - NOT MY ISSUE YOU FA**IT - GET A LIFE - SEND ME SOMETHING ELSE AND I'LL :filtered: YOU HARD :blink: .. i think he wants to be my friend.. :mrgreen:

and this one..

2) 9/08/03

Dear Chris ,

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your opinions about Gator. When I

received your message, I was a bit confused because I know that our company

has never advertised with Gator. I consulted my superiors to see if I could

get an answer for you. After thorough investigation, the only connection

that we could find to Gator is that our company advertises with Overture, a

paid search engine company. We have advertised with them for years. Just

recently, Overture entered an agreement with Gator which has caused hundreds

of Overture advertisers to be indirectly linked with Gator. We have never

directly supported Gator and still do not today.

Again, thank you for contacting us and if you have any further questions,

please let me know.

Respectfully,

Alana

Acecom Inc./InkSell.com

435 Isom Road #202

San Antonio, TX 78216

Tel: 210-798-0087

Fax: 210-798-0094

Toll free:800-255-0483

[email protected]

Edited by clg2277

I block them all but the pits own cookies.  v

Me too. Well worth restating from time to time. ;)

CLG,

Pls tell Inksell that if they contact Overture and ask whether they advertise with them without advertising with Gator, we will take them off the list.

Great job!

Rob

Thank you for your comments regarding Orbitz' use of Gator Advertising and Information Network (GAIN). We appreciate you taking the time to write us about your views.

I referred your comments to our marketing department for a response to the issues, which you have raised. We have found that Gator is a widely-used type of software for advertising and marketing purposes, and is used by a variety of companies.

Orbitz is a company that strives to use technology in the most efficient manner possible within the bounds of all appropriate legal constraints and good business practices. We believe our use of Gator is in line with our goals, and we do not expect to make any changes at this time regarding this issue.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with Orbitz.

Sincerely,

Lisa Gerbick

Orbitz Customer Relations

i sent them one back that said if they were so comfortable with gator then they should instal it on their work and personal computers for about a week and see just how big a pain in the #%^*! it is. then maybe they would rethink their position.