Change Mode

I get one of their 'helpful' pages 'popping up' instead of the "you are not authorized......." notice. Somehow it has intruded itself on my computer. It does not create any obvious problems, but I resent the fact it is there and uninvited. I keep trying to locate a file for it on my computer but so far no luck. Anybody else familiar?

I don't use the second S. I only run my AV and firewall all the time. I only have a 400Mhz chip. :(

I run all the good utilities on Windows that I know of, but I run the scans manually when I'm offline.

Maybe someday I'll splurge and cough up the loot for a real 2.4+ Pentium or Athlon PC, but I'm getting some broadband and learning Linux first.

NO XP FOR LB! ;)

Edited by LithiumBliss

I don't use the second S. I only run my AV and firewall all the time. I only have a 400Mhz chip.  :(

I run all the good utilities on Windows that I know of, but I run the scans manually when I'm offline.

Maybe someday I'll splurge and cough up the loot for a real 2.4+ Pentium or Athlon PC, but I'm getting some broadband and learning Linux first.

NO XP FOR LB!  ;)

Well, Lithium, SpywareBlaster doesn't need to scan for spyware/adware. The only time I run it is to update it. All it does is put little registry entries into your, well, registry that stop the spyware/adware from even coming onto your system. So it doesn't really take up any processing power. Of course, it sometimes lets something slip by and that's why I have Spybot and Ad-aware. So SpywareBlaster is the first form of defense, followed by scans from Spybot and Ad-aware. It's the perfect team! If you don't use one of the members of A.S.S, your A.S.S won't work properly! And that can be BADDDDD news! :eek:

No prob, I'm always glad to help. Just go run the HijackThis program to be sure it's all gone.

The link to it is in Inprofile's post a few up in the thread, under the acronym HJT.

Click and post up your results in a new thread.

Call it My HijackThis Scan or something like that.

Someone will read it for you and let you know if you're clean.

:beer: