Sign in to follow this  
wadjet

Computer Speaker Noise

I get this wailing sound almost like an alarm coming through my speakers everytime I switch them on.

This even happens when I play an audio cd or a data cd

Can someone help me before I do a Van Gogh

:woot:

Thanks everyone I will double check the connections and will try separating the speakers. However I think this is a ling shot as this noise only started all of a sudden; prior to that the evrything worked fine.

Yes this "wailing" noise is there all the time, as soon as I switch the speakers on the noise begins

Ray

May I ask what kind of speakers they are. Is the volume turn up all the way. In volume control check the check the master volume and wave tabs make sure they are set at about two thirds of the way up. no more. I have a pair of logitech 560's and if they are turned up your going to here them.

is the wailing is there all the time it may be time to buy new speakers

Dropping speakers or letting them be in intense heat for an extended period of time may cause this.. as soon as that magnet in the speaker dies so doesnt the speaker

I think ronniecoleman has probably got it right. If the master volume set via your PC is too high then your speaker wires may well be picking up background interference from your PC. Does this noise change if you move your mouse about or if you move your speaker wires around?

Cabling,plugs and speaker separation are all fine. No mics connected and the volume tab settings and speaker volume control on the speakers are all nominal.

Unless it is something else we haven't considered then the only other possibility is that the speakers are faulty.

Are there not some other settings in windows that could be causing this? Reason I ask is because the sound is very uniform and regular like a Sine wave!

Any other ideas?

Ray

Just a thought...but are your speakers near your monitor? If your speakers are too close to the monitor and they aren't shielded or are shielded, but not enough, this will sometimes cause them to squeal, and occasionally you can even pick up other kinds of interference (such as radio stations). Try moving them if this is the case, or invest in some good shielded speakers. Satellite speakers are also notorious for this too. (satellite speakers are usually speakers that come with a subwoofer in case ya didn't know). This happened to me is why I even know. Good luck.

Much thanks everyone for all your help and sugestions. I am pleased to say that after re-loading the sound card software the problem appears to have disappeared.

Ray

Much thanks everyone for all your help and sugestions. I am pleased to say that after re-loading the sound card software the problem appears to have disappeared.

Ray

Darn you got it fixed :mrgreen:

I was going to suggest maybe you had the alarm setting for your cpu temp set to low in your bios

I am really glad you got it fixed :mrgreen: