Change Mode

Please Help

jahswarrior

I am having trouble with my cd drive...I works...but it won't read the cd roms. When I put the cd in and click on something it says.."Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application". It has done this before and I just had to turn off the computer for a long time and then it worked again...but now the cd drive does not work. Should I get a cd cleaner? Or what do you suggest?

thanks

Caleb

If you have a yellow mark then you might try deleting the driver and rebooting...let Found New Hardware Wizard reinstall the driver. Check System Resources in Accesories and see if there is an IRQ conflict...you shouldn't get one out of the blue though...have you added any new hardware?

It might have gone bad. You can pick them up pretty cheap but I've seen CDRWs for under $20 after rebates... it might be a better way to go.

I've never used a CDRW cleaner so can't help there. You might want to check the cables...maybe delete the driver, turn off the PC...disconnect and then reconnect the CDrom...powerup and let found new hardware wizard install the driver. If Found New Hardware Wizard doesn't recognize it then it is probably bad.

:nospys: CD drive cleaners as far as I know are just CD laser emitter cleaners. The ones I've seen look like a CD-Rom with short soft brushes on them. You put them in the tray and wait a minute and eject it. I have seen them in computer stores and in the audio dept.s at electronics stores. I think they cost about $9.00

hi

it sounds like the driver are bad

not a problem to fix

go to my computer,device manager,look for your cd-rom

and burner ,left click to highlite,go to remove ,click ok ,

it will ask ,click ok to remove it ,say ok to restart

it will reload the drivers on start up

or it will ask you where to find them

if it does just use the install disk that came with your burner

hope this helps

UHOH! OK I tried deleting the cd drive...and it didn't turn out well. The cd drive was called Aptai I think...I have no idea what to do now. I can't get it back and I really don't know what to do. Oh I tried the cd cleaner...and it didn't do anything....Any advice???

thanks

jahswarrior