Change Mode

HP Pro Book- no boot...Error 0x0000034...need to get to cmd. Win 10

I need to reformat my hard drive but am unable to load the bios setup or anything.  It finally says "your pc needs to e repaired, error code 0x0000034"
when I select boot options the only options listed are : boot from efi file or notebook ethernet ipv4.
I just want to get a cmd prompt so I can use diskpart to re-partition.
Any help would be appreciated...

Hola @charles_s51

Are you unable to get into bios by tapping F10 immediately upon boot? If you get into the bios and the drive is not seen, it's either failed or there's other hardware problems.

If you're intending to reformat and start fresh in the first place, does the laptop not boot from a usb/disc?

Tx 🤠

Sounds like the HD is failing....I would get a diagnostic tool from the manufacturer and run that. It should boot from USB/disk so no need to worry about getting into BIOS.

If you have the windows 10 iso (And a licence key); and your not worried about data on the disk run Dariks Boot and Nuke (Link below) then do a clean install of windows and partition as you go.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dban/

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried a win 10 iso usb as well as dvd...no boot device found...

I have removed the h/drive and docked it to my desktop...I then formatted it ntfs quick, re-installed it into laptop but still no boot and the dvd still is not recognized.

16 hours ago, charles_s51 said:

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried a win 10 iso usb as well as dvd...no boot device found...

I have removed the h/drive and docked it to my desktop...I then formatted it ntfs quick, re-installed it into laptop but still no boot and the dvd still is not recognized.

So you were able to successfully able to dock it on another laptop and see it to reformat?

If this is the case I would put it in the dock again and run a HD diagnostic tool on it from the manufactures website.

If you've reformatted it and it clears test - Then I would look at creating a new bootable iso as this may be the issue.