Change Mode

Blue tooth from TV to hearing aid

BOB4

I have been conflicting info about Bluetooth (BT) and hearing aids.I am told I need and extra piece of requirement to connect TV to BT in hearing aid. I do not mind but they cost about $150.00 per TV. Does any one know if I could use a device that plugs into the TV and transmits BT (cost is much less). Would the hearing aid pick it up. Also I have read some TV apps might be able to pick up the TV signal; and then convert to BT or just connect to hearing aid app so a person can hear the TV through the hearing aids. I can not really find answers to these question. Not sure if this is a right place to get info but I'll try. Any help welcome.

Hiya Bob. What type of TV do you have? Most new smart TVs are blutooth enabled and you shouldn't need anything additional to pair your hearing aids. If It's not blutooth enabled you will need a transmitter so yep...anywhere from $150 upwards.

Thanks for the help. The problem with TV Bluetooth is it is a higher power which is different bluetooth for hearing aids. Meaning the hearing aid Bluetooth is low powered. This is what I have find out from hearing aid companies. So yes ,i will have to buy the box for the TV.