Change Mode

pcpitstop test

1967hth

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting the link.  I can't log in to execute the test because my PC Matic account is inactive.  Do I need to purchase PC Matic to make it active and run the Overdrive Test, or is inactive just because I haven't used the account recently?

PC Matic tech support sent me a .bat file that made it possible for me to run the test successfully.  The only downside is that the score with my current system is only slightly higher than the scores I got with a Core i7-8700k four years ago.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26117866

I needed to look as the scores more carefully.  The CPU and RAM scores are significantly higher than my Core i7-8700k system.  The CPU score was lower than my short-lived Threadripper 3960X system's score, but RAM was higher than that system's, even though the current DDR4-3200 is not exactly cutting edge.  3D video was higher than the Threadripper score, but 2D video was lower, probably because I left Windows options at high quality. However, the overall score was low because both the disk and Internet scores were zero, with 'soon!' messages. 

Edited by Windsurf48

Changing just the Sysdm.cpl display settings to 'Adjust for best performance' and changing nVida's Texture Filtering to 'High performace' bumped up the score from 46k to 66k.  However, Overdrive also generated a disk score this time, so it's impossible to tell how much that increased the score.

The two scores generated the same link, so only the newer, higher score is accessible now. http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26117866

I have one question.  My score was 66,777, and that puts me in the bottom 31% at the top right of the screen, and the top 31% on the Pit Score Total line.  They can't both be accurate. Also, none of the individual scores placed higher than the top 17%.  What kind of rigs are getting the higher scores? I'd assume that some would be AMD Ryzon Threadrippers with several times more cores than my 12700KF.

Edited by Windsurf48