Change Mode

Whitelisting an entire directory

Greetings,

I have been having an issue with a professional engineering application not working.  This is a personal copy of an application I use for work. I was able to trace it to the PCMatic whitelist blocking the application's attempt to access the internet.  I was able to get the app working in the part I needed.  However, there are many others.  The app's support emailed me a list of all of the places within the app that attempt to access the internet.  However, there does not appear to be a place in PCMatic I can add multiple files manually by way of something like a text file, as I have elsewhere including the Outlook junkfile whitelist.

I have brought this to the attention of the PCMatic support and they keep sending me an email that does not answer the question.

In reading the PCMatic Business product description, that has an ability to whitelist an entire directory as opposed to individual files.  Is there some hidden way to do this in the personal PCMatic?

Or, am I stuck having to shell out more for the function I need from the business edition?

Any help appreciated,

T. Mark

Hola @TMarkB and :wpcm:

All of our product support is done through our Help Desk that can be reached at https://www.pcmatic.com/support/ or now, from within the PC Matic application.  Our Help Desk is the official source, and fastest way, to receive support for PC Matic products.

Thanks again for your patience and we look forward to getting this fixed for you!

Tx 🤠

I have tried multiple time to get APPROPRIATE support from that site and they are, in a word, USELESS.  The best that they do is reply with canned answers athat have nothing to do with my issues.  I'll track down the CEO's email address.  Maybe he can provide incentive to actually answer the question received.

Hola again @TMarkB

My apologies for the frustration this has brought about, I've passed this forum post and your comments, onto the manager for our Help Desk. 

Thanks again for your patience!

Tx 🤠