Change Mode

honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE -- may have old software - only splash screen

Trying adapter vhs to dvd --- honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE -- may have old software - only splash screen

honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE from ebay

USB 2.0 Video Capture Edit S-VHS & RCA Video DVD to PC Composite VCR Windows 10 5060478370079 | eBay

after Installed software, when run it, only Splash-screen appears

May installed for the old Windows version of software,... Rather than, that I have the windows 10????

I have old PC but upgraded to Windows 10

I have no idea why it doesn't work - But looking at all the negative reviews - And the ones that state 'Doesn't work with windows 10' or more worryingly 'Software contains malicious code' I wouldn't have bought it.

There far more reliable solutions out there.

https://youtu.be/I-NsS9RNBZs  

I think this guy installed in the windows 10
Where find for windows 10 software and drivers? 

If this i installed is for xp and vista and win 7, the symptoms is that i am having now, because i am using windows 10?

Is your system 32 or 64bit?

Most of these USB stick are cheap Chinese rubbish and will only run on 32bit systems.

Did you install the driver from the disc? W10 native drivers should work; so you may want to uninstall the software and roll back the driver if you can.

honestech VHS to DVD 4.0 trial works 

but company closed

any idea how activate it in one month>>>

????

The hardware of honestech VHS to DVD 3.0/4.0, maybe able to work with VLC??? contact their forums?

14 hours ago, lse123 said:

The hardware of honestech VHS to DVD 3.0/4.0, maybe able to work with VLC??? contact their forums?

It won't work with VLC.

You need software that will capture and convert the video; there are some great paid for ones out there like Roxio; if you want to try for free, see if you can get Kdenlive to work  - It is designed for Linux and I use it; there is a Windows version but it's in Beta:

https://kdenlive.org/en/download/

**Please read the known issues on the download page.

17 hours ago, lse123 said:

So the program for Windows: 

https://kdenlive.org/en/download/

should work with my VHS 2 DVD USB 2.0 adapter?

Yes it should work with your adaptor. I use it with a video capture card (but in Linux); the Windows version is in Beta but it's free!! and it's an excellent video editing tool also.

Just try it; you've nothing to loose.