Change Mode

Java invoked from DOS-style window (in Win10) does not start immediately.

I have been using PC-Matic for several years.  Sometime after summer 2020, I began having a problem running Java -- it delays starting for 4 seconds, maybe 10, sometimes even 25.

I have a new desktop with 16 GB of RAM, it is a 64-bit machine, Java and Windows are all up to date.

I write Java software and compile and run it from a DOS-style window ( i.e. Windows'  cmd.exe ).  Never had a problem.  After trial-and-error, I discovered that if I turn off SuperShield (until reboot or for some shorter time, as per the option from the system tray for the PC-Matic icon), this problem goes away consistently.

I also discovered that when the program will not start, entering Ctrl-C will 'break' whatever is waiting and the program will run.

Is there any info on this kind of problem?  I emailed tech support 3 times in the last 3 months and have not heard anything.... is something broken there?

Below is a screenshot where I ran a 'batch' file to show the time, get the java version, then get the time again.  In this image, it took 11 seconds for Java to start.

Thank for any insight... or a fix!

aaaaaaa-junk.jpg.6df9c027d81dfa0c75998025ff11a320.jpg

Hola @Bruce_R and :wpcm:

Thanks for your support over the years and thanks for the opportunity to keep your devices secure.

All of our product support is done through our Help desk That can be reached at https://www.pcmatic.com/support/ or now, from within the PC Matic application.  Our Help Desk is the only official source, and fastest way, to receive support for PC Matic products.

Thanks again for your patience and we look forward to hearing from you!

Tx 🤠