Change Mode

Gigabit internet having issues

We got Xfinity gigabit internet setup, using their supplied xFi gateway. Speed tests will report anywhere from 0.5Mbps to 475Mbps down speed. We have 2 laptops connected via ethernet cables. Both laptops have Realtek Gbe family network ports. I've already called for a signal reset and that didn't seem to change anything. Their modem diagnostic test reports that everything is functioning correctly. Even websites like here on PC Matic forum takes quite a bit of time to load, almost as if the connection is dropped then reconnected again.

Is it possible the xFi gateway needs a firmware update? Should I contact tech support?

7 hours ago, JustinP526 said:

Is it possible the xFi gateway needs a firmware update? Should I contact tech support?

I'd give them a ring....they can test the speed to the router and some other tests as well.

Went back to the local store and they said could be a bad modem (xFi Gateway from xFinity). They gave us a new one and instructions how to set it up properly.

It's all set up right, has to be done via smartphone app. There is a test via the app to show speed to the gateway, comes up at 1,192 Mbps out of 1,000 Mbps.

Yet web pages and everything are still hesitating to load. Online speed test pages are even giving error messages that the test can not complete due to a problem with the network.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

2 hours ago, JustinP526 said:

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Get hold of your ISP; as I said before - They can test the line and a few other things a simple ping test (which is basically all speedtests are) can not detect.