Change Mode

Long story short, my Samsung Galaxy A10 got damaged (yes, it was me! :) ). I had a lot of saved notes in the Notes app.  The phone was virtually unusable, but I did manage to access it and "save" my notes, some in PDF format, many in SDOCX format.  Nothing I've found yet on the intertubes allows me to open, view, or convert them to something other than gobbledy-:filtered:.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Tx - thanks for the reply.  I did find the Notes app for desktop  and installed it, but it wouldn't let me open existing docs or import from previous versions.  I thought it would but couldn't find it in any of the menu/option selections, so..... pfft.  Oh well.

SDOCX is a Secure Document Format - Not sure why Samsung note would use it as it was developed for Oracle!! Might be worth trying to open it using Open Office (Not Libre Office) as this is owned by Oracle.

The issue is the 'S' bit of the word document is an encrypted authorisation linked to specific users - Probably coded to your Galaxy; I doubt whether they would open on another Samsung device either.

Nigsy - I have Open Office!  Yay, but -- when I try to open a sdocx file, OO asks for the format to use.  There are about 75 different ones, from JPG to Lotus to Autocad to Sylk.  I've tried a few of the obvious ones, but no joy.  Any suggestions?

My research indicates these are "secure Winword documents", likely in the docx format MS changed to a while back.  I had hoped Winword would open it, but again, no joy.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the reply, btw.

1 hour ago, Mister D said:

Any other ideas?

Hi;

As I said in my 1st post; these files are usually encrypted to a specific user. In this case I think the encryption is linked to the original samsung device - you may be able to open it on another Samsung device but I doubt it.

You could try and get clever with it and see if it opens with WinZip (I know this sounds strange - bear with me) as all .docx files are basically zipped files containing the html and a wrapper; you might be then able to extract the text into a html editor (Notepad ++) and save as a word doc.