Change Mode

Adobe Death date coming in December, WHAT to do? Need suggestions!

I keep getting "Adobe Flash Player Death" messages. SAYS Adobe Flash Player will end Dec 21, 2020. ANYONE else get these? I turn on my laptop, and BAM, 1st thing!  IF, this is true, I don't know of ANYTHING which can replace it! Does anyone know of a good replacement for Adobe Flash Player? Some programs and games won't run without it!! I HAVE to find something compatible, free, would be great!  I don't even know what to CALL the replacement. Not sure if it's graphic, or what! WHAT am I shopping for?!  PLEASE help?!  I'm afraid I will lose the use of some programs, which are very important to me!  Not a computer expert, need suggestions!! Donna

adobemessage.jpg

Adobe gave 3 years notice of this. Flash is not secure, buggy, needs extra work to embed on web pages....the list goes on - Basically HTML5 has superceeded it.

Not sure about embeded flash players for software but for websites this is good news.

1 hour ago, nigsy said:

Adobe gave 3 years notice of this. Flash is not secure, buggy, needs extra work to embed on web pages....the list goes on - Basically HTML5 has superceeded it.

Not sure about embeded flash players for software but for websites this is good news.

Right, this is a good thing overall. That a game's dev wasn't proactive to rewrite their games for html5 so they can continue the revenue stream, shows they're not concerned about security, or the lack therof.

So, I DuckDuckGo'ed "HTML5", clicked a tutorial, and I'm left with the impression, HTML5 is about coding? Creating programs? Although, I started in 95, MS-DOS, Wins 3.1, with floppy discs,the C:// Dos prompt, .dir\p, P$G$, and *.* , I never really coded. I partitioned my drives, once! But, that was as far as my computer skills went. Adobe Flash Player was automatic, I never had to code anything for it. Updated occasionally. I hoped to find an equivalent, which also runs automatically, and occasionally needs an update. IS there anything which does what Adobe Flash Player does...automatically?  OR, did I just choose the wrong website to learn about HTML5, and download it?

Thanks very much for both of your help! Saving my life! lol  Donna

Hola again @Denileriverafter

As you read, HTML5 is a programming language that requires nothing from you to use, no downloading, installing, etc. All modern browsers support it, but if a site developer did not or does not update their site and its content, they're leaving their patrons in the lurch. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's the reality of the situation. Outside of that, I cannot in good conscience advise you of means to enable you to continue using Flash as it's a security risk for your computer and we here at PC Matic do not want your machine(s) to be compromised. :) 

My advice to you, ma'am, would be to email the site(s) or program developers of the games/programs you're using and inquire if they have offline versions of the games/programs that you can play/use on your pc that do not require Adobe Flash Player. If they don't, maybe ask if they've plans to update them anytime in the future. 

Tx 🤠

Okay, thank you. At this moment, the only one I can remember asking for an update of Flash Player, was Farmville. I know there were others, I just can't remember which! So, I guess I have to wait for it to ask for an update. I HOPE it is NOT Ancestry.com! Since I really don't know what function Flash Player provided, it makes it hard to know. Thanks for your help.  Donna

Thanks for the help!  I had no idea Farmville was ending. Seems like they could go to one of these new programs. Wish I could remember what other programs I have which required Flash Player. I got locked out of my Facebook a year ago. So, my Farm has been running without me. lol I never planted, you have to harvest EVERY day, or lose it. I learned to grow trees, my farm was a giant orchard, trees have no time limit to be harvested, and they paid well. So, I was able to "buy" houses, animals, etc..my farm was more of an art project. I miss it.

My Facebook got hacked by Germans WHILE I was ON it! I used my sign name for 12 yrs, and Facebook NOW demands an ID to get back in. Of course, Denileriverafter doesn't HAVE an ID, and I wouldn't give it to them If it did! Zuckerburg will NEVER get that! Like I would EVER trust HIM with something that important! He's been caught MANY times, SELLING personal info!! duh! So, my farm has been running itself, since.

Facebook was my only way of keeping up with my aunts, uncles, and cousins, since I live 3,000 miles away. 12 years of pics, groups, friends, family, and a video of my Mama, who is dead, now. Makes me angry that Zuckerburg can hold my family hostage!! If, anyone can break me in, I would appreciate it. lol Other than getting a fake ID, with Denile Riverafter, I don't know how to reclaim my FB, if it still exists. So, how come Germans DIDN'T need an ID to hack it, but I, the REAL Denile Riverafter, can't get in unless I PROVE it! Crazy!

Anyway, thanks everyone for your help with Adobe Flash Player. Happy Thanksgiving!  Donna