I don't know if I'm in the right area of the forum or not for this.  Why do I have to setup my computer like it's brand new every time there is a Windows 10 update and a restart?  It's very annoying.

7 hours ago, Kellyb said:

I don't know if I'm in the right area of the forum or not for this.  Why do I have to setup my computer like it's brand new every time there is a Windows 10 update and a restart?  It's very annoying.

You shouldn't need to!

The only possible time is when it does a full OS upgrade; even then your old settings etc should remain; unless you have selected to do a clean install. Normal updates shouldn't require this.

:wpcm:

8 hours ago, nigsy said:

You shouldn't need to!

The only possible time is when it does a full OS upgrade; even then your old settings etc should remain; unless you have selected to do a clean install. Normal updates shouldn't require this.

:wpcm:

I've had several machines prompt me to add a Microsoft acct, use Cortana, etc. just like is done when you first setup a fresh install. I think that's M$ way of trying to further entrench you in their ecosystem.

15 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

I've had several machines prompt me to add a Microsoft acct, use Cortana, etc. just like is done when you first setup a fresh install. I think that's M$ way of trying to further entrench you in their ecosystem.

I thought the OP was referring to a full 'brand new setup' - Yep the whole Cortana thing; sitting for ages while the screen flashes 'Hi' in several colors is annoying!! - That's why I use Linux 😆