My system: ASRock B550  TAICHI mobo, Ryzen 7 3700x, GSKILL Ripjaw 1x 16 gig RAM, MSI Radeon RX 5700XT MECH OC. 

My problem: When I try to put more than one stick of RAM in I get a C5 Q Code. No matter the configuration, no matter how many. If it's more than one stick I get this code and no post. Right now I have my one stick in the B1 slot. 

The thing is this is not the first time this happened. I just bought this B550 to Replace an ASUS ROG Strix x570-e board for the same reason. 

Can anyone help my please? Desperation is setting in. Thank you much. 

1st thing is your BIOS up to date? Might be worth flashing with the latest version.

Are you installing matched pairs of RAM?

I guess you've done a simple CMOS reset with the new config?

:wpcm:

Hi, thanks for answering. Yes, I do have matching pairs. Yes, I have done the CMOS reset. I've even done as the mfr said and gone into the bios (up to date) and reloaded default and then set the XMP to 2400 and still nothing. ASRock replied and said that it sounds like defective DIMM slots. That seems weird to me. This literally just happened on an ASUS ROG Strix x570-e mobo. I replaced it with this board. Two boards in a row? Hmm.

Sounds to me like since you've already eliminated the mobo, I'd shoot for another set of ram(I love Gskill, but I've had compat issues w/Ryzen) to see if the ram is defective, if that returns the same symptoms, you might have lost the good cpu lottery.

Tx 🤠

I'd lean on the ram first as it's most cost effective, but the fact that you've had exact symptoms leads me to believe it's one or the other because the memory controller is built into the cpu.

Tx 🤠