Sign in to follow this  
dismithjr

Google Play Country Account problem

Somehow my Google Play account has had the country changed to Sir Lanka I have never been there nor do I want to go there.  It was changed sometime in April 2020.  According to Google rules it can only be changed once a year.  There for I will not be able to change for a year.  I have tried all of the change the account settings as instructed by Google and it will not let me change.  Because I had my PC synchronized with my phone and tablet they all have me in Sir Lanka, good old Google.  There are many apps that I can’t down load because they are not allowed in Sir Lanka like WalMart and many others.

If anyone knows how to change it back to USA, PLEASE HELP. I have tried all the recommendations that Google and Youtube recommends VPN, change pay account and the works.

Thanks Dan

Sorry; Google rules......you can only change once per year. The only way around it is to create a 2nd account and switch between the 2. 

Using a VPN won't work as it's the payment method that the country is registered against and not your physical IP.

Silly rule really.

6 hours ago, nigsy said:

Sorry; Google rules......you can only change once per year. The only way around it is to create a 2nd account and switch between the 2. 

Using a VPN won't work as it's the payment method that the country is registered against and not your physical IP.

Silly rule really.

Thanks I did that, it's a pain.  Was hoping that there was a way. I'm a little digital challenged at 80 years old. LOL

2 minutes ago, dismithjr said:

Thanks I did that, it's a pain.  Was hoping that there was a way. I'm a little digital challenged at 80 years old. LOL

It is a pain; I work between the UK and Egypt and have to have 2 accounts.