Clark W

PayPal won't work.

Anyone know why PayPal won't work on the PC Matic shopping cart?
Just got a new computer, and I wanted to purchase PC Matic. I've tried throughout the day yesterday and today. When I click on "Proceed To PayPal", I get a message with the PayPal logo saying "Things don't seem to be working at this moment. Try again later."
I much prefer to use PayPal instead of using my credit card number every time I want to purchase something.

Also, since I'm here, Is there any reason I should also purchase the installation CD?

Hola @Clark W and :wpcm:

Thanks for your interest in our software and please accept my apologies for the trouble with purchasing via PayPal. I've sent this info onto our Customer Support team, so keep your eyes peeled for an email from us. If you don't see it in your inbox, please check your spam folder.

Hang tight!

Tx 🤠

Hi @Clark W

The message you received refers to an error on PayPal's side. According to their status history page they had an issue yesterday that should be resolved.  I would suggest clearing your browser cache and trying again.

The installation CD contains the current install files for our software programs.  You will be able to immediately download PC Matic as soon as you place your order and can always access the latest versions via our website.  The CD is optional and most likely not needed.

Thank you for your interest in PC Matic!

Posted (edited)

Cleared the browser cache. Still doesn't work.
Was the problem across all of PayPal, or was it specifically between PayPal and PC Matic?
I had contacted PayPal before I posted on this forum. All they would say was that there was no problem with my account.

According to their status page, for which you posted a link, it was fixed Saturday night, but here it is Monday morning.
Am I the only one seeing this problem?

???

Edited by Clark W

I would really like to have PC Matic, but if you can't fix the PayPal link in you shopping cart, I guess I'll just have to be content with the free BitDefender that came on my new computer.

Posted (edited)

Okay.

I see you removed the option to use PayPal. So I'll just be content with another anti-virus program. Thanks, anyway.
Maybe those bad customer service reviews were the right ones after all.

Edited by Clark W

Hi @Clark W

Sorry for the issue with PayPal.  We have reached out to you via email to better help with the issue. If you don't see it in your inbox, please check your spam folder.

Thank you for your interest in PC Matic.

Regarding, the PayPal issue, everything is fine. I was able to purchase both PCMatic and PC Magnum. Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your help, and thanks.