Change Mode

Posted (edited)

You fold for years. You dedicate 4 computers to folding. They sit idle waiting for work units. Why bother if they can't hold up their end??    🙄

Edited by dickster

Hey Unc, 

If you don't already have yours set this way, make sure you have the advanced flag set so you pull from the big/adv WU pool. Mine stay busy more than not by having them setup that way.

Tx

I feel your pain @dickster

However, since upgrading to the client Tx linked, I've found it slightly better. I try and check when I can and often find I've been waiting for a long period to get a WU. A few minutes spent Pausing/Fold seem to force a WU through, by this is not something you can do overnight obviously.

Out of interest how long have you been folding?  I remember you were pushing out good number back in 2000's

6 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

if you don't already have yours set this way, make sure you have the advanced flag set so you pull from the big/adv WU pool.

How do you do that @Tx Redneck

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Char said:

However, since upgrading to the client Tx linked, I've found it slightly better. I try and check when I can and often find I've been waiting for a long period to get a WU. A few minutes spent Pausing/Fold seem to force a WU through, by this is not something you can do overnight obviously.

Out of interest how long have you been folding?  I remember you were pushing out good number back in 2000's

How do you do that @Tx Redneck

Not TX Redneck but it's easy. pull up FHAControl click configure in top left corner.

Click Expert tab, on left side click add In the name box type client-type be sure to type it just like I did. In the value type advanced all in lower case click OK. Doing it this way rather than each GPU will set it up for all GPUs.

Edited by Guns

@Guns Thanks pal !

Just fired my main rig up and added the flag.

It's picked up a WU with an estimated creidt of 275k with an ETA 2hr 47m

Posted (edited)

Not sure when I first started folding. It was just a month or two after pitstop first posted about it. MANY years ago.

Edited by dickster

Thanks for the info, Guns. Set it but no work unit yet. BTW.. Good to see you back folding for Pitstp again.  🙂

@dickster

The reason I asked, it was as a result of your post back in June 2004 that I started Folding for PC pitstop in the name of your late friend Jill.

It was a while later I switched to my username.

I remember that post well. Jill is the sister of a member here. Glad to see you've hung around. So many come and go, s it's nice to see some stay.

Hey Unc, if you've still not pulled a WU yet, reboot the system(s), that almost always works.

Tx

Hrmm, that certainly is frustrating. Ionno then Unc. 

Tx 

UPDATE:  Finally got it running. Nothing else worked so I started playing with the opencl settings. It is now folding.

1 hour ago, dickster said:

UPDATE:  Finally got it running. Nothing else worked so I started playing with the opencl settings. It is now folding.

Sahweet! I was just about to ask if all your cards were showing in FAH Control, but it appears you found the issue. ;)

Tx

Posted (edited)

dickster over a million points the last two days in a row, great job of folding my friend.

Edited by Guns
Posted (edited)

The cards seem to be folding very nice.    🙂

GTX 1660

GTX 1060

GTX 970

GTX 650 ti

Edited by dickster

Tx is right. The 1660 is the best and newest. After that the 1060 is also pretty good. Only ones I bought new is the 1660 (stimulus check) and the 650 ti about 7 years ago. The 970 was a b stock from evga. The 1060 I got off facebook.