Sign in to follow this  
rarelyrong

PC Matic won't complete installation - "ERROR"

Attempts  to install PC Matic  have been unsuccessful. 

The first indication that something may be going wrong with the installation is as follows:  At the "Preparing to Install" screen a RedX warning states:  "The following applications are using files that need to be updated by Setup.  It is recommended that you allow Setup to automatically close the application.  After the installation has completed, Setup will attempt to restart the application".    Inside the text box,  "PCPitstop Scheduling"  is identified as the "offending" application.  The solution "automatically close the application" is preselected and I push NEXT to proceed.

This is the "Installing" screen where the "green line" starts across the screen to "extract files"  then stops just before the process is complete.  An "Error" page  appears with the following:  

C:\Program Files (x86)\ PCPitstop\PCMaticAdBlocker.dll.    Unable to register the DLL/OCX: CreateProcess failed"code 2 .  The system cannot find the file specified".   Click "Retry" to try again, ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation".    I've tried both "Retry" and "Abort" and have had to start over each time.

The installation of PC Matic never completes and the only option has been to try further attempts... but all fail and repeat as described above.  Initially, the process took and cleared my 50 bucks in about 30 seonds but coverage has yet to be initiated.  Frustrating that I can't get support when I need it!  Now I can't keep my eyes open!

Hola @rarelyrong and :wpcm:

Thanks for your interest in our software! 

Out of curiosity, do you have a red banner on your screen that's right above your post, just like in the below screen shot? I ask because if it's not present on your end, either the forum software is faulty or you have clicked the X to close it. It's purpose is to facilitate our customers in receiving the support they seek with the least effort. 

unknown.png?width=1034&height=413

As to your issue, I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulty in getting PC Matic installed on your machine, but our Customer Support team can get ya fixed up if you'll open a ticket at our Help Desk!

Our Help Desk is staffed 7 days a week, from 7AM to 1AM EST and can be reached at https://www.pcmatic.com/support/ That is your best bet for getting any issues resolved with our software. Should it not be resolved to your satisfaction, we offer a 30 day, no questions asked, money back guarantee that you can take advantage of if you're still within that time frame. It can be initiated via the support link as well.

Hang tight!

Tx 🤠

Yes, the red banner is there.  I'll try your link to support but I think I've already been there.  All I gotten so far are "canned" questions that don't apply to this particular problem.  You're the first "live" response I've been able to squeeze out of this site.    Heading for the support link now.  

The link to "support" takes me back to the same list of canned questions.  Clicking on the bottom "Issue Not Here" takes me up to a green bar "Technical Support" at the top that dead ends.  Nothing opens up to provide a space to type in a question, just stops.  Can u suggest any other rabbit holes I have to jump into or is there a body that can talk me thru this and solve my problem, probably within about two minutes?

Ok, that helps us understand where the breakdown lies. From the support page, click Technical Support at the bottom of the list, on the next list you're offered, click PC Matic Product.

The next prompt will be to see if you're a Home or Pro customer, click the appropriate one, from there see if your issue is listed, if it's not, then click My Issue is Not Here! and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps, 

Tx 🤠

Hey Tx!  Your last message told me to do exactly what I explained to you in MY last message that I had already done.  Refer to my three responses above.  Yet, just now, I tried it all again about six more times and it remains the same.  The "Tech Support" appears at the top of the page in a green bar with an X.  Attached to that, a white space opens up to about a one inch height and stops.   Clicking on that white space does nothing to open it up and doesn't allow me to type any text into it.  It is a dead end....doesn't work.   

Question....Referring to my original request for help where I identified the box that states that "PCPitstopScheduling" needs to be automatically closed and updated by the Setup process....that seems that it could be the root of the problem since it stops the installation at that point.  Right after that it goes to an "Error" page that refers to a file "adblockers/pcmaticadblocker.dll and states it is "unable to register the DLL/OCX: create process failed: code2  The system cannot find the file specified".    Options then appear to "Click  to Try Again, Ignore to Proceed Anyway (not recommended) or Abort".      I've clicked on Try Again and on Abort but not on Ignore since it tells me that is not recommended. 

This is now day 2 with no protection and no solution.  I really want to try your product but this is really frustrating me.  Typing all this out each time and waiting for a reply hours later is grueling and non-productive.  Do you not have staff that can provide real time support?  

Mornin @rarelyrong, My apologies for not understanding what you'd posted before, but clearly there's something goin on with the browser that's not rendering the page correctly.

Keep an eye on your email, you'll be receiving an email from our Help Desk so we can get this sorted for you.

Hang tight!

Tx 🤠

Update.  I was connected with Tech Support.  Their directions as followed didn't initially solve the issue because they advised to uninstall and download again. I couldn't do either because the software was never installed to uninstall and it did not allow me to download and complete an installation.    However, I eventually found that  the key to fixing my problem was simply to click on the IGNORE button after the download fails.  Two choices, RETRY and ABORT, did nothing to fix anything.  The third option to click on, IGNORE has a warning that advises the IGNORE path is not recommended which is why I avoided it.  But, once I clicked on IGNORE the installation continued and was successful.  The NOT RECOMMENDED warning at initial installation told me, in my mind,  not to go there.  In the end, three days later, that was all it took to complete the install and start my protection with PC Matic.     

If I'm not the only one experiencing this problem maybe a clarification as the IGNORE button being a "non-destructive option" would save a lot of time and hassle for everyone?  Thanks for the help.

@rarelyrong Thanks for the update and info! I'll pass this along to our support team as well as our developers.

Tx 🤠