Sign in to follow this  
Chips Ahoy

New computer won't start sometimes

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 3670 computer and have been having a problem where it won't start sometimes. The power button keeps blinking orange twice in a row. After that I push the button in for 10 seconds and it doesn't stop blinking. The only way I can start the computer is to unplug it and plug back in. The computer has done this since brand new.

I've had the computer back to Best Buy twice already and it doesn't cause problems for them (of course!).

I've replaced my power strip and even tried plugging computer directly in the wall. The computer still acts up, so that's not the problem either.

What could the problem be?

Edited by Chips Ahoy

Sounds like when you switch it off it's actually 'Hiberbnating' - Have a look into the shutdown options and look for how the PC is setup to act when 'Shutdown' is selected.

Still having issues. I don't know what to do. I'm not a computer whiz, so this one has me baffled. I don't even know which direction to head. I just want a computer that works.

Anybody have any ideas?

If you've a paid warranty with Best Buy, force them to honor the contract. I had to fight with them for that very reason 15yrs ago and swore them off as a place to do business, unless they were the only ones available at the moment. 

That said, good luck and if the above is not the case, do some earnest research on local companies that do pc repair. When you find one, explain the situation to them and they'll likely be able to help more than BB. 

Tx