Sign in to follow this  
JayJay

Confused about Firewall and Virus protection

Hi All.  

I'm a little confused about PC Matic and Magnum.  Is one virus protection and the other a firewall or do I need to enable the Windows 10 firewall?  And how do I know if I have PC Matic or the full deal with Magnum?  

Hi JayJay,

There is very little overlap between PC Matic and PC Magnum.

The items cleaned by PC Matic are in three major categories: 

Recycle Bin. Files are not actually removed from the drive when you delete them. Instead, the files are moved to the Recycle Bin where you can retrieve them if you later decide to restore them. PC Matic empties your Recycle Bin to reclaim this disk space.

Internet Cache. Internet Explorer creates temporary files that are not needed after you have finished surfing. These files can take up large amounts of space and should be removed periodically.  Although you can clear the cache in Internet Explorer, PC Matic uses a more thorough method that deletes files left behind by IE.

Temporary Files. Windows and applications create various temporary files that are not needed after the application exits or Windows is shut down.  In many cases, however, the applications do not always clean up after themselves. 

PC Magnum scans for and cleans or removes: 

Browser Cookies (IE, Chrome, & Firefox)
Browsing History (IE, Chrome, & Firefox)
Browser Image Cache (IE, Chrome, & Firefox)
IE Typed URLs
Download History (Chrome & Firefox)
Facebook History
Recent Document History (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PDFs, Other)
Recycle Bin

PC Matic does not provide a firewall. It is our belief that when Super Shield is installed and activated;
the default Windows firewall is sufficient for protection.

To see if Super Shield is working you can right-click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of
the Windows desktop screen by the time display and verify that there is a check mark next to “Super
Shield Protection”

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.