PC Matic Causes Computer to Crash

I've had a slew of problems since installing PC Matic. Contacted Customer Service 5-6 times, got one general response but they didn't follow up when I replied with more info. The biggest problem is that PC Matic is causing my MAC Sierra laptop to crash(wheel of death) 5-7 times a day now, forcing me to reboot(which is very time consuming and interferes with my work). 

Is there a way to keep PC Matic from running in the background? I don't want to uninstall it, but I might be forced to as my computer  is becoming unusable...crashing all the time. If I can just shut it down(without installing) at least until I can get a response from someone in customer service.

Thanks

Hola @liquidhippo and :wpcm:

Thanks for your support of our new Mac product! I've reached out to our Help Desk on this matter and was instructed to pass on to you that having Avast AND PC Matic installed can very well cause the instability issues you're experiencing. If you choose to continue running PC Matic, please uninstall Avast per these instructions. https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Mac-Security

As well, our email based, ticket support system is the best means of support for our products and where you'll get the most expedient and relevant help. You should have received an email from them to get this resolved. In the future, it can be reached at https://www.pcmatic.com/support/

Tx 🤠

Hola again @Robmit1 Since we have a thread open for your issue, I'm going to move your post to it for the sake of clarity and continuity.

@liquidhippo have your issues been resolved after uninstalling Avast?

Tx 🤠

Hello Tx Redneck,

No, they have not been resolved. Instead of freezing and forcing a reboot 6-8 times per day, after uninstalling Avast, it freezes forcing a reboot 'only' 3-4 times per day. I opened up a ticket but haven't received a response since Sunday. I emailed them the screenshots(listing applications as they requested) on Monday and then again on Tuesday, but no response either time. I emailed them earlier today simply to inquire if they are still looking into the issue and i received no reply. As far as using the online link you provided(thanks) I've never received a response from that method, only via email, though with the latter it is still hit and miss.

Hola again @liquidhippo

My apologies that this has been such trouble, but we're in it for the long haul if you'll stick with us. We'll be sending from a different email address to make sure we're able to communicate in a timely manner. Our records indicate the last communications we have are from Stew to you on Jan 5, 2020.

Below is from our Help Desk system that logs all of our interactions.

Mac Support

Created: 30 December 2019 06:04 AM    Updated: 05 January 2020 06:31 PM 

All of our support is done via the email based, ticket system and is the best, most expedient way to rectify issues.

Please keep your eyes open for more correspondence from our support team!

Tx 🤠

Thanks Tx - I received an email from tech support today. Now, you said it would be from a different email address. It's the same email address as the previous correspondence i received from PC Matic. Just like they did on Sunday, they requested again screenshots listing my applications. I, once again, sent them(third time today) along with a request that they confirm receipt. I also sent a 2nd email reply WITHOUT the screenshots(in case that's the snare in PC Matic's system) telling them I had just sent the screenshots and that a quick reply confirming receipt or not...either way, would be appreciated. That was almost 3 hours ago. I suspect this may mean that they're not getting my emails. Something about the me.com domain that PCMatic email servers have a problem with? Where do we go from here?

Hola, 

Do you by chance have a webmail(hotmail/gmail, etc) provider or an alternative to your me.com email service that you could try. We have not received your responses from today.

One of our tech folks asked 

Is he sending from a web page or the mail app on his mac?

He may need to do a connection doctor or use a different smtp server.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8593129 

Tx 🤠

Sweet! We got that one, I personally see it in our system. We'll resume our troubleshooting there.

Thanks again for your patience and willingness to stick with us through this.

Tx 🤠

• 2 weeks later...

Tx,

Just wanted to say that it APPEARS that the issue has been resolved. Wanted to give it a few days to make sure. The hangup was that simply uninstalling Malwarebytes wasn't good enough, you have to following specific steps to uninstall Malwarebytes in a particular way. Thanks for the help.

Edited by liquidhippo

Hey @liquidhippo thanks for the update, glad you got it squared away!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team should the need arise. 

Tx 🤠