Sign in to follow this  
armyguber

AOL Email Blocked

My request to access AOL Mail is being blocked by what appears to be "guce advertising" automatically appended to the URL. Deleting the extra stuff does not work.  How can I get rid of it?

Hi @armyguber

We have reached out via our customer support help desk to get some more information from you.

Please check your email and reply to the message so we can help. (If you don't see the email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder).

@armyguber

What is happening here is the PC Matic ad blocker is blocking AOL email due to the extensive ads that AOL displays in their inbox.

To whitelist AOL email, you will need to select either Temporarily or Permanently at the bottom of the blocking page.

1825575179_ScreenShot2019-12-27at12_36_35PM.thumb.png.c68db3e23eba9efa14b79cc2fed44336.png

Thanks @stewieT I forgot this was the same thing I had to do for my mom. I think I'm going to move her email into a local client to eliminate the next potential ad/tracking tool that we block.

Tx 🤠