Just when everything was running good...

My GTX 780 fried. Was on my other pc when I heard that one die. Tried restarting but nothing, and smelled something burned. Was coming from the vid card. Now back to my old GTX 650Ti until I rma this gpu. PPD will be back down for a while.

3 hours ago, dickster said:

My GTX 780 fried. Was on my other pc when I heard that one die. Tried restarting but nothing, and smelled something burned. Was coming from the vid card. Now back to my old GTX 650Ti until I rma this gpu. PPD will be back down for a while.

I've given up TBH; they don't support my old video card anyway - and I have no need to upgrade. I was just getting massive projects that with my CPU set to medium I still couldn't complete before they timed out. It was just becoming a waste of electric keeping the rig running unfortunately.

Gave up on cpu folding since my water cooling died out on me. But still GPU fold. Been upgrading with  EVGA B stock cards when I save enough $$. They come with a 1 year warranty.

• 1 month later...

Well, my PPD is back up a bit. Just got my RMA back on the GTX 780. They had to upgrade it a bit. Sent me a GTX 780Ti SC card. PPD jumped a good bit. But from now on, as my GPUs die, I will be shutting down folding on those rigs. I just can't afford to be replacing hardware just for folding. I have a couple old AMD cards sitting on the shelf that don't fold well. (Driver issues) I'll be putting those back in as my Nvidia cards die, but not even gonna try folding with them. So as the cards die, expect my value to the team to drop.

21 hours ago, John Keenan said:

A pleasure to fold amongst ya'll and have a great Holidays........lost main account for the moment but this is devan/john  Chat and/or see ya around soon all!!

I sent you a PM with a temp password for your old TEK account. ;)

Tx 🤠