Sign in to follow this  
dickster

Just when everything was running good...

My GTX 780 fried. Was on my other pc when I heard that one die. Tried restarting but nothing, and smelled something burned. Was coming from the vid card. Now back to my old GTX 650Ti until I rma this gpu. PPD will be back down for a while.

3 hours ago, dickster said:

My GTX 780 fried. Was on my other pc when I heard that one die. Tried restarting but nothing, and smelled something burned. Was coming from the vid card. Now back to my old GTX 650Ti until I rma this gpu. PPD will be back down for a while.

I've given up TBH; they don't support my old video card anyway - and I have no need to upgrade. I was just getting massive projects that with my CPU set to medium I still couldn't complete before they timed out. It was just becoming a waste of electric keeping the rig running unfortunately.

Gave up on cpu folding since my water cooling died out on me. But still GPU fold. Been upgrading with  EVGA B stock cards when I save enough $$. They come with a 1 year warranty.

Yeah, it's become too much to dedicate my computer to them and it inhibit my ability to use it when and how I need.