Muldoon

Too complicated for the non-technical computer user

I sadly bought 10 licenses for my family. Only 2 signed up(me). The rest say that PC-Matic has a poor reputation or that it is too complicated to use. Now I agree. Norton was real easy to use.

Hola @Muldoon and :wpcm:

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your purchase. Would you mind expounding upon what you're having difficulty with, I'd like to pass it on to our product management team so we can address them and improve our product. PCMatic comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, refund policy. If you're within that time frame, please reach out to our Customer Support team so we can process a refund if that's what you'd like. The Customer Support team can be reached here https://www.pcmatic.com/support/default.asp

We value your business and would like the opportunity to make this right if you'll give us the chance, but please do share what it is you're struggling with so we can address it!

Tx 🤠

3 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

Hola @Muldoon and :wpcm:

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with your purchase. Would you mind expounding upon what you're having difficulty with, I'd like to pass it on to our product management team so we can address them and improve our product. PCMatic comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, refund policy. If you're within that time frame, please reach out to our Customer Support team so we can process a refund if that's what you'd like. The Customer Support team can be reached here https://www.pcmatic.com/support/default.asp

We value your business and would like the opportunity to make this right if you'll give us the chance, but please do share what it is you're struggling with so we can address it!

Tx 🤠All I wanted PC Matic for was to do at least what Norton did for a lower cost. Instead I got a system that requires way too many parameters to select from. I JUST WANT a simple protect my computer program. If you want to impress techies with multiple choice actions to select from then give it to them. I want a simple check my computer daily at 3 am for any things that might or will screw it up.

I tried your select what time and days and what to check for items. I put all that crap in and the next day, No e-mail telling me what was found and then that you fixed them. Actually just tell me that all is well. I don't need a list of things that I don't understand or even care about. That's why I say, TOO much information for me.

Hola @Muldoon and thanks for getting back to me!

I will pass this info on to our product management team, surely you're not the only person who feels this way, so thanks for taking the time to share. By chance, have you been in contact with our Customer Support team to see if they can assist you in getting PCMatic configured to your needs so you don't have to worry about it?

Tx 🤠 

I also am so frustrated with this as well. You can not talk to a person and I am not computer literate so I have tried to explain my problem and rally have never got an answer I could understand. We bought the lifetime membership and I regret doing so. We did get one of the 3 devices to FINALLY work but never even come  close with the other 2. I have scheduled rescheduled a bunch of times NEVER HAS WORKED! I have uninstalled reinstalled more times than I can count still nothing. Unless someone will call me I will believe I have wasted my money as it is too complicated for me to figure out without help. I watched the TV commercials and thought any modern company in the high tech industry would have a phone line to a tech that could help. Many people have complained about this so BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hola @BUYER BEWARE and :wpcm:

My apologies that using PC Matic has been a point of frustration for you nor met your expectations. Our ticket based system is how we handle support issues, questions and concerns. By chance, have you opened a trouble ticket with our Help Desk so we may try to get this resolved for you? If you've tried and we weren't able to get this sorted and are still within 30 days of purchase, we'll refund your monies, per our guarantee.

If you would please, open a ticket at our Help Desk and we'll get this addressed one way or the other. A ticket can be opened at https://www.pcmatic.com/support/default.asp

Thanks for the opportunity to serve you, 

Tx 🤠

Hola and welcome back @BUYER BEWARE

After running at least one manual scan and clean, to access the PC Matic scheduler, from the My PC's screen, click on the link under or by 'Next Test' to the right of the computer name that you want to schedule.  If this is the first time, it will read as 'None Scheduled'. You can also run a scan and clean and there is an option in the upper right corner to set a schedule from the screen with the summary of fixes.

Please make sure that you are logged in to PC Matic on the computers when it is time for the scheduled scan to run.  The program does not need to be open, but you do need to just close PC Matic rather than log out.  If you are logged out from PC Matic the scheduled scan cannot run.  Also, if the computer is "asleep" or in hibernation when the scheduled scan is supposed to start PC Matic most likely will not be able to run.

If the scan does not start or complete, PC Matic will send an email saying it was missed. 

Below is a link to a helpful video that shows you how to use the scheduler:

Please let us know if we can assist further.

Tx 🤠

TEX

I really appreciate your help.

I do not know how to do a manual scan/clean.

I can not find where you do that from.

All the pages that I can open does not give me that option.

The maintenance statistics shows my startups are disabled as well as the scheduler being disabled.

Your above answer is correct but I can not find anywhere where I can do a manual scan.

I hope I am not being a pest but I am frustrated to the max. I have installed/uninstalled and tried everything that I can access and it still does not work. It would be so simple to speak with a tech and explain my issues instead of typing.

Hi @BUYER BEWARE

I see that you have submitted support requests to our help desk, but we have not received a response back to our replies.

Could you please check your spam/junk folder for our email?

When you find it, reply back to the ticket and we can help you get PC Matic working like it should on all of your computers?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Hola again @BUYER BEWARE

There seems to be a breakdown in our communication somewhere. Here are the records of your communications with us and our responses to you.