Sign in to follow this  
Jan Costa

PC Matic Crashing Chrome Not loading

I have recently had pc matic supershield crash and keep chrome from loading. When I turn pc matic supershield off, chrome loads ok, as soon as i turn supershield back on, chrome stops loading

Hola @Jan Costa and :wpcm:

Sorry you're experiencing trouble with PCMatic and Super Shield, I've passed this on to our Help Desk, so you should receive an email shortly to get some more info from you and provide a solution. 

Thanks for your support and patience, 

Tx 🤠

59 minutes ago, Tx Redneck said:

Hola @Jan Costa and :wpcm:

Sorry you're experiencing trouble with PCMatic and Super Shield, I've passed this on to our Help Desk, so you should receive an email shortly to get some more info from you and provide a solution. 

Thanks for your support and patience, 

Tx 🤠

I'm having this same issue.

I'm also having the same issue, just submitted a support ticket. But I think I've found a workaround in the meantime if anyone needs it:

Open up PCMatic on your computer, click on "Support" and then click any of the links there. If Chrome is your default browser it should open up a new Chrome window that is fully functional. From there it seems you can go to different sites, open up new tabs, even open new windows. As long as you keep the original window open it works. I haven't had long to test this but it's been working so far.

Disclaimer: Looking at the new tabs/windows it looks like PCMatic and Super Shield are still running but given that the only other way to get Chrome to work seems to be disabling Super Shield I have no idea what kind of security features may be getting turned off or bypassed for this workaround to work. I'm just a regular computer user, I know malware=bad and antivirus=good and that's about it so use this workaround with caution and be aware you may not be fully protected while doing so.

I am having the same problem with Chrome.  I have to turn off Super Shield to allow Chrome to function.  Just started experiencing this today.

I tried the "work-a-round" above and it did not work for me.

Just another FYI - Same problem exists with "Dell Support Assistant" on my Laptop

Edited by Tx Redneck
Pic removed to protect customer sensitive info

Hey yall, 

Sorry about the issues yall are having, but if each of you can open a ticket with our Help Desk, we need to get a little more info from you to get a resolution in place.

A ticket can be opened at https://www.pcmatic.com/support/

Tx 🤠

Yeah, no, my workaround is no longer working for me either. Too bad, it was nice while it lasted. Any update on this? I submitted a ticket when I posted earlier today but haven't heard anything from PCMatic support aside from the first automated message.

I can not open my gmail account the computer keeps showing aw Snap whatever that is.

I don't have any idea what happened but my computer is functioning fine right now.  I believe the problem was with Google and Google chrome.  

BUT if I might say PC Matic is almost impossible to contact if I don't have computer access: i.e. connected to the computer/internet connection.  Is there any other way to contact you?  A bigger concern is there may be a time when I purchase a newer computer. . .just asking.

Thank you,

Tom Eddy

Edited by Tom Eddy
Just asking

8 hours ago, Rbeattie said:

Solution seemed to work.  Is it Permanent?

This is a semi-permanent solution. We'll have a permanent solution in place shortly.

Hey @DESKTOP-CPMEG31 and :wpcm:

We've deployed a solution that will be applied to all affected customers without need for your interaction!

Thanks for everyone's patience on this issue!

Tx 🤠  

I used the temporary fix earlier today before the permanent fix was implemented and I’m noticing that now in settings chrome says that it is “managed by your organization”. This is a personal laptop, there is no organization to be managing chrome. Is this a result of that temporary fix? And if so, with the permanent fix in place now how can I get rid of it?

Hey @RandomUser I'm not sure, I've passed this on to the developers to look into!

Hang tight!

Tx 🤠