Sign in to follow this  
jcr

Had to reinstall OS on laptop. Now Windows Media Player wont add names of albums and songs on CDs I rip.

Hi. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110 laptop that's about two years old. It had some problems so I had to reinstall the OS. Now, when I rip a CD to the Windows Media Player app on it, it wont add the titles of the CDs or the names of songs like it used to just a few weeks ago.

I read that the service that adds titles to songs in WMP was stopped for Windows 7 but still works for Windows 8 and above. I tried reinstalling the WMP app, and other suggestions to fix it,  but still have the same problem. If anybody can tell me how to get WMP to add the names of CDs and song titles I rip on WMP again, I'd really appreciate it. It would save me a lot of typing.

Edited by jcr

I tried the MediaMonkey app and it works like a charm. I can rip my CDs in WAV format, like I like to, and it adds the album and song titles, and I can add the album cover art too, which WMP wouldn't let me do when using WAV format. Now I'm better off than before. I have a sizable CD collection and I was pretty concerned. Thanks a million, Jacee!