jcr

Website Shortcut Icons Keep Disappearing From Tablet Homescreen When I Turn It Off

Hi. I have a new Chewi 10 inch tablet that uses Android that works fine except that when I go to a favorite website and make a homescreen shortcut to it, it disappears when I turn the tablet off. It stays there until I turn it off, but shortcuts to sites like YouTube and others are still there when I turn it on.  And shortcuts to texts I have stored on my tablet will disappear too but will reappear when I make another shortcut for the website shortcut that disappeared. 

What's causing this, I wonder? I have shortcuts on other tablets for the same site that disappears on this tablet, that stay there when I turn them off. Those are Samsungs. 

I guess if I factory reset my Chewi, it will fix it, but is there another way, so I don't have to reload all the things I've saved?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by jcr

Sounds like SysUI or the launcher aren't refreshing properly since you say they reappear after adding another. By turn off, do you mean power down or turn the screen off?

That's curious for sure, I haven't a clue as I've never heard of this. Sorry sir. 

That's a good call Signman, didn't even dawn me to say as much. :blushing: