Sign in to follow this  
flewpastu

my test results

"if this needs to be moved plz feel free "

I'm not sure what's up with the pcpitstop tests it certainly is a challenge but I've gotten a few tests to complete and am able to post but this is my recent build

I was on a budget and started just upgrading my 12 yr old ABIT IX38 GT from the old pcpitstop forum wars days  yeah I know most of you are going wth is abit

anyway just wanted to upgrade cause my 4k dash cam videos wouldn't play with my dual 8800GTXs in SLI so I started with a newer budget video card

then did a M.2 Samsung EVO plus using a PCIe x4 adapter worked great but wouldn't boot from it so here I am now again I went on a budget (for the most part)

MSI board I5 9600k with evo hyper 212, corsair 16gb ram, and added a 2nd EVO plus 970 for raid 0 … I have a 3rd but its on the riser that I have been in and out

with but may use in another build for my daughter

https://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26062999&report=Summary

and this is my old laptop with a few upgrades

https://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26062665&report=Summary

as for the tests they are very hit and miss at being able to get them to complete if interested I'll post my steps on getting there

Edited by flewpastu

Very nice man! A heck of an upgrade for sure!

Here are the most recent for my desktop and laptop.

Desktop http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26036713&report=Summary

Laptop http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26057509&report=Summary

Very Nice Tx ,, figured I'd give OC'ing a shot since I haven't done it in about 10 years .. and these new systems took all the fun out of it just click 1 game boost button in the bios (its there in the MSI app too but ya know old school ) ,, there are more settings I can mess with in the bios to over ride the default boost but I figure I'm running corsair vengeance ram its still only rated at 2400mhz ,, will mess with it when I swap it out for some 32gb vengeance RGB kit at 3200mhz

but the test is kinda funky wouldn't let me load this one till I deleted the other for the same system but I think this is at 4.7ghz with the hyper 212 … I upgraded my case to the Tt v200 (budget) but its got good air flow so far never got over 60c full on stress testing the CPU for a while I imagine will get better as it the paste thins out ,,, nothing like my old Vapo chill ,,

https://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26063137&report=Summary

i'm going to do a build for my daughter and I think this i5 9600k will go to her ,, I may try for the i9 9900k although I really don't know why as this chip seems great

Edited by flewpastu

going to set up a pc for my daughter so shes getting the msi board and the i5 9600k, i just picked up the Gigabyte aros 390 pro or whatever and popped in a i7 9700k running it with corsair AIO H115i RGB 280mm rad shes also getting the DDR4 vengeance Ram 2400 and i'll give 1 of the M.2 drives .. my 3200 will be in tomorow,, but in the mean time i'm liking this chip i wanted the i9 9900k but no one local had it in stock so this will do

https://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=26063712&report=Summary

Have you looked at or considered AMD, especially the new 3 series Ryzen? 

20 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

Have you looked at or considered AMD, especially the new 3 series Ryzen? 

dude AMD is killin it right now and i have nothing against AMD at all and have had many AMD systems in the past way back with the fx65 ( i think it was called ) but i'm tied in with intel right now i didn't do enough research before jumping back in to the game but even still these systems are amazingly fast ... i think the most notable would be SSD drives and even more so are these NVME m.2 drives ,, the Samsung 970 evo + i'm just blown away ,,, although when i had 3 of them in raid 0 i saw no noticeable improvement in speed or bench tests ..  

edit : if i start over again i may also look into x299 chipsets 

upgraded Ram to 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance stock CPU clock

Edited by flewpastu
x299 chipset

Correct, you're not going to see much, if any improvement by running them in raid. 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, Tx Redneck said:

Correct, you're not going to see much, if any improvement by running them in raid. 

i was reading up on it prior and pretty much was spot on i only saw an increase when setting the SSD benchmarks set to larger files for testing other than that standard testing was just a marginal increase

i7 9700k @ 5hz EZ tune

@ 5.0 so many adjustments available

@ 5.0ghz XMP enabled  3 hours aida 64 Castle 360 EX Cougar Panzer evo rgb

146804223_IMG_20190806_232620664(1).thumb.jpg.b83c223c011a1e8bfe45f68a05e89608.jpg

Edited by flewpastu
added link

Looks like you've hopped right back in the saddle. Glad to see man and nice setup! 

3 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

Looks like you've hopped right back in the saddle. Glad to see man and nice setup! 

yeah i'm going to be building a few for the kids and the grandkids ,,, i havent been in it for a long time so its cool to see the advancements in tech

10 hours ago, nigsy said:

Methinks it's time for an upgrade!!

Dew eet! The Ryzen 5 3600 is the sweet spot for perf vs money. If you wanna go for broke(not literally because it's not Intel :p), x570(for pcie 4.0) and 3900x is AMAAAAAZING!. I've built 2 boxes with em, coupled with 64GB ddr4-3600 and 1tb pcie4 nvme ssd, and they're so ridiculously fast.

thanks guys upped to a RTX 2080super from the budget gtx1650 card (well multiple cards on the way to this one lol ) and 32GB Ram this gigabyte Board runs better with all 4 slots used (T Topology ) but I think if I start all over one of those new threadrippers look very tempting but i'm running at 5.3ghz all 8 cores rock solid but cant get this to post a pit test but i'll keep trying

man I read about Caintry and IG a few weeks ago I had no idea what happened so sad ,, 2 great guys will be surely missed ,, sucks being out of it for so long

@5.3GHZ all 8 cores , going to try and break the 50k mark before jumping on the 9900KS when it comes out

man I used to have to run my old QX9650 on phase change  Vapochill just to break the 5.2 mark .. I feel I can hit 5.4 no problem on water  but will try this weekend  

50203 @ 5.3ghz .. i can go to sleep now

Edited by flewpastu
added test

13 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

Dew eet! The Ryzen 5 3600 is the sweet spot for perf vs money. If you wanna go for broke(not literally because it's not Intel :p), x570(for pcie 4.0) and 3900x is AMAAAAAZING!. I've built 2 boxes with em, coupled with 64GB ddr4-3600 and 1tb pcie4 nvme ssd, and they're so ridiculously fast.

Going to have to talk to 'She who holds the purse strings' got that new build itch!!

5 hours ago, flewpastu said:

@5.3GHZ all 8 cores , going to try and break the 50k mark before jumping on the 9900KS when it comes out

man I used to have to run my old QX9650 on phase change  Vapochill just to break the 5.2 mark .. I feel I can hit 5.4 no problem on water  but will try this weekend  

50203 @ 5.3ghz .. i can go to sleep now

These new gen chips are so much more resilliant when it comes to OCing plus cooling solutions are much more effective and I think we've all become more aware of proper cable mangement and airflows which all helps that final figure.