Hey all,

I have a 16GB PNY microSD that I had been using in a Samsung J1. That phone broke and I put the SD card into a new Alcatel phone. All good for a few weeks, then suddenly it says the card is corrupt.

Does this mean I've likely lost all my photos (800+) that were on the card? Any chance of putting the card in lappy with adapter to pull the pics and save them?

Thanks much!

It's possible, try Photorec and I recommend setting up Google Photos on your android device and have it set to auto backup your pics when on wifi. This will save your bacon in the future and is free.

Couldn't find any app called Photorec in play store. Most other info I find from Google search says to do via pc, but I don't have access to pc at the moment.

Not sure if this happened because of just taking the SD card from my broken Galaxy J1 (shattered screen) and just putting it in this new phone. Never formatted it, but no way to back up photos either.

Oh well...

• 11 months later...

Hey Tx, I know this is almost a year old thread... but wanted to give you a great big "THANKS VERY MUCH!!" for the suggestion of this app. Finally got things up and going with new lappy, found the SD card and ran it. Was able to save all 800+ pics and a few vids from the card even though it was pulled from a smashed phone and showed up as corrupted/unreadable by phones and lappy.

Cheers 🍻

Ha ha!! Photo rec saved my life when I wiped my entire PC by accident (rm -r*) in linux!! 

As my backup drive was connected at the time the comand deleted the lot  - 18 years of my sons photos etc.

Photrec recovered the whole lot.

13 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

I didn't know you had any spawn @nigsy How many?

Just the one. The world doesn't need any more worries at the moment!!

He's 19 in September, but I deleted 18 years of photos!!

Right on, my oldest will be 19 in Sept as well. ;) I, too, have lost all my kids pics, but it was from a catastrophic hdd failure. I sent ti to FlashBack Data to get it recovered and it was beyond what could be done 15yrs ago. I almost wonder now if the tech has improved and could recover them.